A Reputation for Saving Lives
Colorado's most decorated cardiovascular network with the most prestigious awards in health care: HealthGrades, Center of Excellence Designation from Anthem/Blue Cross and Advanced Certification by the Joint Commission in acute coronary syndrome, heart failure and acute myocardial infarction.
Achievements at some of our Cardiovascular Centers include:
- Recipient of the American Heart Association's "Get with the Guidelines" Heart Failure and Stroke Gold Performance Achievement Award 2009.
- Certified by the Joint Commission in Acute Coronary Syndrome.
- Littleton Hospital was the first hospital in Colorado to be designated a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and remains accredited.
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care. Consistently ranked as a top hospital nationally for cardiac services, Porter was given top honors by a national hospital reporting company in several key cardiac services.
- United Healthcare's Cardiac Center of Excellence designation given to just a handful of hospitals providing superior quality across the country.
- The Mercury Award for Excellence in Cardiac Services from the independent national health care organization HCIA.
- Recognition by the American Heart Association for implementing AHA'S guidelines for cardiac care.
- Ranked among the top five in Colorado for overall cardiac services and cardiology services for two consecutive years by HealthGrades.
- Five-Star rated for treatment of heart failure nine years in a row (2003 through 2011) by HealthGrades
- Five-Star rated for coronary interventional procedures and number three in the state by HealthGrades
- The only hospital in Colorado to receive the 2010 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, "Get With the Guidelines 2010 Triple Gold Recognition" for Stroke, Coronary Artery Disease and Heart Failure.
- 2009: The Joint Commission for Disease Specific Certification: Acute Coronary Syndrome, Advanced Heart Failure and Stroke
- 2009: Second hospital in the country to receive the Advanced Certification in Heart Failure from the Joint Commission, recognizing our exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for heart failure patients.
- Recognized by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association as a Blue Distinction Center® for Cardiac Care. Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care have demonstrated their commitment to quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for cardiac patients.