FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Manager, strategic communications
303-804-8222 (desk) 303-204-4990 (cell)
Groundbreaking for dynamic health neighborhood in Westminster slated for spring 2013
ENGLEWOOD, CO - (Dec. 14, 2012) – Centura Health, Colorado’s health care leader, today announced plans for a 350,000-square foot expansion project in Westminster. Located on 33.35 acres at 144th Avenue and I-25 and including the recently-opened St. Anthony North Medical Pavilion, the expanded health campus incorporates a new “health neighborhood” approach that will offer a variety of health care services designed to deliver optimal health care value to serve the communities of Westminster, Erie, Brighton, Broomfield, Northglenn, and Thornton.
Funding for the $177 million project is made possible by Catholic Health Initiatives, co-sponsor of Centura Health. Groundbreaking for the innovative health campus is slated for spring of 2013 and is scheduled for completion in early 2015. The campus will include:
60,000 square feet of integrated physician clinic space for primary care and wellness management, surgery, women’s services and specialty care with an estimated 54 on-campus physicians
Outpatient diagnostics and treatment center
Ambulatory surgery center with inpatient surgery capabilities
Women’s Center with labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms
Level III trauma center with a state-of-the-art emergency department and integrated diagnostics
92 inpatient beds in a flexible configuration that can adapt to the health needs of the population and changing health care delivery models
TRANSFORMING HEALTH CARE DELIVERY
Distinctly different from the fragmented medical care available in most communities today, Centura Health is built upon a model of collaboration and integration that seamlessly incorporates the key components of optimal health – primary care, specialty services, urgent care, diagnostic services and occupational health - advancing health care delivery by focusing beyond the walls of our hospitals to meet the population health needs of the communities we serve.
- Through an innovative approach to delivery that we call health neighborhoods, our goal is to serve the consumer through a physician-led, team-medicine approach focused on promoting quality care by utilizing evidence-based medicine and best practices. It includes multiple access points, offering enhanced convenience to consumers, with both a service-friendly environment and affordable costs.
- The state-of-the-art health campus incorporates a neighborhood approach to services that will combine all of the elements of Centura Health’s fully-integrated network, including acute care, home care and hospice, the state’s largest multi-specialty physician practice, a health resources center and occupational health services to create the greatest availability of, and accessibility to, a wide array of health care services.
DELIVERING OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE VALUE FOR COLORADANS
- Centura Health defines value as the combination of outcome effectiveness, service, convenience and cost. Our goal is for health care to be readily available and accessible, with outstanding and long-lasting clinical outcomes, provided in an environment of service excellence, at a reasonable cost.
- We are creating systems of care, establishing physician practices, developing health neighborhoods, and affiliating with rural hospitals to create multiple access points and convenience for health care consumers.
- Centura Health is working to provide a multitude of service offerings in a widespread, consistent, electronically-connected manner. We believe our compassionate, fully-integrated network will enhance the level of communication, comfort, privacy and confidence our patients’ experience.
- “Designed to exceed consumer expectations, Centura Health is creating the next generation of health care delivery,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. “The new health campus will incorporate our health neighborhood approach, and serve as a prototype for the entire Centura Health network, providing optimal health care value while setting a new standard of care that Coloradans will come to expect.”
- “The new health campus is designed to provide service and convenience. We will offer a wide range of health services, both from a wellness and health perspective, within the footprint of the health campus” said Carole Peet, president and CEO of St. Anthony North Hospital. “Greater access to services and our strong focus on prevention will play a pivotal role in improving health care value while supporting our healing ministry.”
- “Catholic Health Initiatives and Centura Health share a strong heritage and purpose of serving the health needs of their communities,” said Kevin Lofton, president and chief executive officer of Catholic Health Initiatives. “We are excited to support the development of this project, which will offer Westminster and surrounding communities even better, more-convenient access to top-quality health care.”
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorado’s health care leader, is sponsored by Adventist Health System and Catholic Health Initiatives, and is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Health’s integrated state-wide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 15,100 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it – close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope; Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.