Other Quality Resources
Make Informed Health Care Decisions
- Hospital Compare - a tool provided by the government to compare how well the hospitals in your area care for all their adult patients with certain medical conditions
- AHRQ Quality Indicators - The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Quality Indicators (QIs) are measures of health care quality that make use of readily available hospital inpatient administrative data
- JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals - its mission to continuously improve the safety and quality of care provided to the public through the provision of health care accreditation and related services that support performance improvement in health care organizations.
- Nursing Home Quality Initiative (NHQI) website provides consumer and provider information regarding the quality of care in nursing homes.
- Home Health Agency Information - Get information about home health agency quality, things to consider when selecting an agency and larn about how home health agencies provided care for some of their patients receiving care. Also address, telephone number and other important information for all Medicare-certified Home Health Agencies in the United States is provided.
How can you use this information?
Patients and Their Families - if you are a patient or someone helping a patient with his or her health care decisions, you can use this information to do the following:
- Talk to your health care provider and local hospital staff about what this information means and how it can be used to make health care decisions.
- View information on other websites about hospital quality.
- Review the performance of hospitals in your state.
- Gather other information about hospitals.
It is important to remember the information posted on this website and others that it may link to, should not be used as a decision making tool alone without consulting with your Doctor and your family regarding your medical care.