Porter Adventist Hospital
Porter Adventist Hospital - Denver, CO
- The American Heart Association's Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Program Stroke Silver Performance Achievement Award, 2010 - The award recognizes hospitals that demonstrate at least 85 percent compliance in each of the seven GWTG-Stroke Achievement Measures, and the Silver recognizes performance of 12 consecutive months.
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - Certified as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - awarded Blue Distinction Centers for Spine SurgerySM and Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip ReplacementSM, for demonstrating commitment to quality care in surgery and better overall outcomes for patients. www.bcbs.com
- United Health Premium® has named the Porter Center for Joint Replacement as a Premium Total Joint Replacement Specialty Center for 2009-2010.
- United Health Premium® has named the Porter Spine Institute as a Surgical Spine Specialty Center for 2009-2010.
- American Nurses Credential Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® - In January, 2009: Porter Adventist Hospital achieved MagnetTM designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credential Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. Porter is the first hospital in the Centura Health system to achieve this national status. The Magnet Recognition Program recognizes health care organizations that demonstrate excellence in nursing practice and adherence to national standards for the organization and delivery of nursing services.
- The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer - awarded Porter's Cancer Care Center its highest accreditation. The Center received the highest score possible in five areas, including community outreach for prevention and early detection of cancer. 2010 Gold Leaf Awards Celebration of the Colorado Healthcare Communicators - Porter's marketing and PR efforts were recognized for:
Community Relations Ongoing - Porter received a Bronze Leaf Award for community outreach classes.
Website Category - Porter received a Silver Leaf Award for its main website, www.porterhospital.org.
- The Aster Awards 2010 Bronze Award - honoring excellence in medical marketing, the Porter Strategic Marketing and Public Relations Department's Sleep Campaign was named a winner.
- Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation - Awarded to Porter Inpatient Rehab Unit, placing Porter in the top 10 percent of 805 inpatient rehabilitation facilities that qualified to be ranked.
- HealthStream Research - Winner of excellence through Insight awards for overall physician satisfaction and for overall Emergency Department satisfaction.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine - The Sleep Disorder Center at Porter Adventist Hospital received full accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. AASM accreditation is the gold standard by which the medical community and the public can evaluate the services provided by a sleep center.
- HealthGrades 2009: Ranked No. 1 in Colorado (and in the top 10 percent nationally) for overall cardiac care, cardiology services and coronary interventional procedures by HealthGrades, the leading national independent healthcare ratings organization.
- The College Network - Six Porter nurses were recognized for their continuing education and awarded scholarships from The College Network as a result of Porter's recent MagnetTM designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credential Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Champions in Healthcare award from Denver Business Journal - Awarded to Sean Reed, advanced practice nurse in palliative care program, and Wayne Guerra, MD, emergency physician. Centura Health at Home (large facility) for outstanding outcomes in telehealth program.
- Nightingale Award - Sharon Pappas, RN, PhD, and Porter CNO, received the 2009 Nightingale Award, nursing's highest honor.
- Crystal Angel Award - Randy Haffner, Porter CEO, received the Crystal Angel Award at the Adventist Health System Conference on Mission. The award recognizes significant leadership in advancing the mission of Adventist healthcare.