Ultimate Cancer Fighting Tools
The CyberKnife System
Revolutionary is an understatement.CyberKnife really does allow patients to maintain their quality of life during cancer treatment and they can look forward to returning to their daily lives with renewed hope and vigor. Couple this innovative new cancer-fighting technology with the world-class physicians at Penrose Cancer Center, and cancer has one big fight on its hands.
Unique and Incredible Benefits of This One-of-a-Kind Device:
- No Pain. The treatment is painless and requires no anesthesia and no incision, effectively eliminating the risk of complications associated with traditional surgery.
- No Recovery Time. CyberKnife treatments are performed on an outpatient basis, eliminating the need for overnight hospital stays.
- Fewer Side Effects. Because the system is non-invasive, there are few side effects or post-treatment complications associated with it.
- Unlimited Reach. Unlike some radiosurgery systems, which can only treat tumors in the head, the CyberKnife System has unlimited reach to treat a broad range of tumors throughout the body, including the brain, spine, lungs, kidney, liver, pancreas and prostate.
- Image Guidance. This system uses image guidance software to track and continually adjust treatment for any patient or tumor movement, allowing patients to breathe normally and relax comfortably during treatment.
- Unrivaled Accuracy. CyberKnife's ability to treat tumors with pinpoint accuracy is unmatched. The system essentially "paints" the tumor with precisely targeted high-dose radiation, allowing it to deliver treatment to the tumor alone, sparing the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Convenience. Treatment can be completed in just one to five visits, versus up to 20 or more with traditional therapies. Each session lasts just 30 to 90 minutes.
- Superior Comfort. Sophisticated tracking software allows patients to relax comfortably during the non-invasive treatment. Most patients go back to work or resume their daily activities immediately following treatment.
Varian Trilogy Medical Linear Accelerator
Varian Trilogy medical linear accelerator, the first of its kind in Colorado. The Trilogy accelerator is one of the most versatile machines in the world with the capability of offering all standard radiation therapies, as well as the most advanced treatments that make it possible to concentrate more dose on tumors while protecting surrounding healthy tissue.
We are proud to offer advanced radiation therapy, national research for prevention and treatment through clinical trials, genetic counseling and symptom management. These services, combined with modern technology and compassionate cancer care professionals, make us the most comprehensive cancer care in Southern Colorado at The Dorcy Cancer Center, St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center in Pueblo, Colorado.
Novalis TxTM and RapidArcTM Radiotherapy Technology
This revolutionary technology is a breakthrough in the battle against cancer for its ability to deliver a tumor-destroying beam with unprecedented speed and precision in less than two minutes. Available at St. Anthony Hospital Cancer Center at our innovative new oncology center with Novalis TxTM and RapidArcTM cancer treatment technology.
One of the Fastest, Most Precise "Radiation Blade" Cancer Treatments Available:
- Minimizes collateral damage to good tissue.
- Reduces the number of radiation treatments patients will need due to the accuracy of each treatment.
- Allows bloodless, noninvasive radiosurgical tumor ablation any place in the body.
- RapidArc sweeps around the patient, delivering up to 180 precise doses of radiation, while reducing radiation exposure by 65 percent.