The Penrose-St. Francis EMS Institute serves as the training officer for its member agencies on the OATH system. When a provider recertifies, he/she will go online to OATH and input their information. The request for recertification will be sent to the PSF EMS Institute. The PSF EMS Institute requests a verification of continuing education letter from the EMS provider’s agency. Once the verification letter is received the PSF EMS Institute approves the EMS provider’s Colorado Certification.
EMS Provider Certification
Each individual agency is required to affiliate with the National Registry and identify an agency training officer. When a provider recertifies, he/she will go online to NREMT and input their information. The fire or EMS agency training officer will sign off on their continuing education hours. After the agency training officer verifies the EMS provider’s continuing education hours the medical director will approve their skills.
The purpose of patient follow-up is to ensure continued quality medical treatment in the field by determining how care given by EMS personnel affects patient recovery.
Confidentiality must be maintained when obtaining patient data, especially follow-up information, in compliance with federal and state law and hospital policy. Therefore, patient information will only be released to the healthcare providers directly involved in the requested case and/or their EMS response agency quality improvement officer.
Patient follow up may be requested by contacting one of our department staff members by phone. Because of the sensitivity and privacy of patient care, we are unable to provide patient follow up for the general public. We respect the security of both patient and healthcare provider per the Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act requirements as they apply to Personal Health Information.
- American Medical Response
- Black Forest Fire Rescue
- Cascade Township Fire Department
- Cimarron Hills Fire Protection District
- Colorado Springs Fire Department
- Cripple Creek Fire and Emergency Services
- Divide Fire Protection District
- El Paso County Search and Rescue
- Falcon Fire Protection District
- Flight For Life Colorado
- City of Fountain Fire Department
- Florissant Fire Protection District
- Four Mile Fire Protection District
- Lake George Fire Protection District
- Manitou Springs Fire Department
- Mountain Communities Volunteer Fire Department
- NE Teller County Fire Protection District
- Palmer Lake Volunteer Fire Department
- Rocky Mountain Mobile Medical
- Southern Park County Fire Protection District
- Southwest Highway 115 Fire Protection District
- Southwest Teller County Health Services District
- Teller County Search and Rescue
- Tri-County Fire Protection District
- Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Protection District
- Ute Pass Regional Health Services District
- Victor Volunteer Fire Department
- Plains to Peaks RETAC
- Southern Colorado RETAC
- South Eastern Colorado RETAC
- San Luis Valley RETAC
- Wescott Fire