Parker Hospital Shadowing Program
Shadowing is a short observation experience providing exposure to healthcare occupations for discerning your career interest, meeting course requirements or post-secondary education pre-requisites. Observation can include RNs, CNAs, imaging associates, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists or physical therapists and may include their interaction with patients as well as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants or any other healthcare-related positions. The application process is as follows:
- Complete all pages of the required forms in the Shadowing Experience Application, including the Observation/Shadowing Agreement Waiver, Release and Confidentiality Statement. Return all four pages, even if page 4 does not require a signature. Only complete applications with all required attachments will be considered.
- Shadowing participants must provide proof of current immunizations, including mumps, measles, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella, and tetanus; also provide proof of a negative tuberculosis PPD test, completed within the past 2 years. If you do not have current immunizations or a recent TB test, you must see your healthcare provider at your own expense to complete these requirements prior to applying for the Shadow experience. For purposes of the shadowing experience, all participants are considered students.
- For shadowing experiences scheduled between October 1 and March 31, shadowing participants must also provide current proof of vaccination for seasonal influenza received at least 2 weeks prior to a shadowing experience. If medically exempted from seasonal influenza immunization, proof must be provided and shadowing participant will be required to wear a hospital-issued mask at all times during the experience per Hospital policy.
- Submit these completed forms and required proof documents to:
Parker Adventist Hospital Education Department
Attn: Jan Walters
9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker, CO. 80138
- If you do not hear from us within 15 business days, we are unable to provide a shadowing experience. Otherwise, if your application is pre-approved, you will be notified and required to pass a background check at your own expense before coordination of the specific time-limited date(s) to observe your assigned preceptor will occur.
If you have questions, contact us.
- Phone: 303-269-4055