Award-winning care gives you peace of mind.
More than 21,000 of the greatest hearts and minds in medicine are working together to reimagine the future of medicine. A number of prestigious awards and honors recognize outstanding care, quality outcomes and patient satisfaction among a wide variety of medical specialties, services and programs, including those from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, The Leapfrog Group, HomeCare Elite, The Joint Commission, HealthStream Research, American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Hospital Recognition Program, U.S. News & World Report and Healthgrades.
The Nightingale Award
Founded in 1985, the Nightingale Awards event honors nurses who embody the philosophy and practice of Florence Nightingale, a 19th century nursing pioneer, who epitomized the art of helping people toward their optimal health.
Each year between 200 and 300 nurses are nominated from across Colorado, with only 15 selected as finalists. From among those 15, six are selected as recipients. Centura Health and our affiliate hospital nurses are consistently among the nominees, finalists and award recipients.
Eleven nurses from across the Centura Health network were honored as 2016 Nightingale Luminaries by the Colorado Nurses Foundation for their excellence in leadership, advocacy and innovation in the nursing profession. One of them – Elisabeth M. Almond, RN, of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services in Colorado Springs – went on to receive the coveted 2016 Nightingale Award for advocacy in administrator, educator, researcher or non-traditional roles.
Elisabeth was nominated for her work coordinating youth violence prevention programming.
In addition to Elisabeth, our 2016 Luminaries were:
- Candice Allen, Rio Grande Hospital
- Yuki Asakura, Parker Adventist Hospital
- Katelyn Bach, Centura Centers for Occupational Medicine
- Michael Hagiwara, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
- Roxanne Hupp, Mercy Regional Medical Center
- Alonzo Lobato, San Luis Valley Health
- Kimberly Roepke, San Luis Valley Health
- Sarah Sharp-Parino, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
- Malissa Strand, San Luis Valley Health
- Patti Thompson, San Luis Valley Health