Working together, we can prevent the spread of COVID-19
It takes all of us to keep our communities flourishing. As we work together to stop the spread of COVID-19, preventive measures like masking, social distancing and hand-washing are fundamental to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for ourselves, our neighbors, our family and one other.
The holiday season is traditionally a time of coming together with loved ones, but this year many of us are finding new and different ways to celebrate as we continue navigating this prolonged pandemic. However you plan to observe the upcoming holidays, remember to follow these basic but effective steps recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Practice social distancing, maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet from those around you.
- Wear a cloth face covering over your mouth and nose in all public spaces.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid large gatherings, and limit contact to members of your own household as much as possible.
- Be alert for symptoms of COVID-19.
Personal responsibility is key in ensuring our communities remain vigilant and minimize exposure. Let’s all lead by example and actively encourage those around us to look out for one another. Together, we can take the right steps to stop the spread of illness and keep our families, friends, neighbors and communities safe and healthy so our holidays may remain merry and bright!
COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild to severe and may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Contact your health care provider immediately if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature >100 degrees) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting