The birth center at Bob Wilson Memorial Hospital consists of five large, open labor/delivery/postpartum suites that will accommodate your family during the joyous birthing process. Our birth center offers outstanding continuity of care from admission and delivery, to taking your sweet bundle home.
At our birth center, emphasis is placed on coordinating quality patient care with our physicians and other health professionals in order to meet all the needs of the mother and family. The rooms are set up to allow for rooming in so that the family can have time to bond with the new baby. The spacious, private restrooms have walk-in showers. We also have a C-section operating room for scheduled and emergency surgeries.
Well baby nursery
Although most babies are born healthy, we recognize that some new babies have very special needs. We ensure a safe, quiet, comfortable and healing environment for every child.
- 5 labor, delivery, recover and postpartum suites
- 1 dedicated surgical suite for C-section births
An unparalleled level of care & support for our smallest patients & their families
Together, Envision Physician Services and Centura Health have made a commitment to care for moms and babies. Serving Greater Colorado and Kansas, Centura Health’s dedicated network of neonatology specialists provide coordination and collaboration that elevate care standards while making services more consistent and creating a better patient experience.
Because we’ve made this seamless care coordination available for moms and babies, even complex healthcare needs can be managed close to home.
You now have access to:
- Expanded neonatal care across our health system, providing increased resources and streamlined care for patients in the first stages of life and their families
- Collaboration on clinical standards and quality improvement initiatives, reducing variation and improving patient outcomes
- “Heartbeat-to-Home” perinatal nurse navigators to provide support to moms for complex pregnancies from the point of fetal obstetrics (OB) and maternal fetal medicine (MFM) through to baby’s ultimate discharge home and follow-up care
- Neonatologists available 24/7
- Labor and Delivery
- Breastfeeding Support
- Midwife Care
- Postpartum Care
- Newborn Care
- Surgical Care Post C-Sections
Family & Parenting Resources
A partnership with Russell Child Developmental Center provides help with the adjustments and care of a newborn. Additional services may be available as needed following the assessment of your baby.
The department participates in the National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome promotion known as the “Period of Purple Crying Program” to prepare parents and other family members with ways to cope with an upset infant.