Center for Therapy
Conveniently located in the Alexander Building next to Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, Centura Health Center for Therapy at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital is a comprehensive one-stop-shop for physical and occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology.
Our dedicated specialists tailor one-on-one treatment sessions to your goals, whether it's to ski a black diamond run, get back to work, or enjoy one of your favorite foods. When you need to get on the road to recovery after surgery or injury, our providers will create a personalized path to get you back to doing the things you love.
When pain, stiffness, or other deficits keep you from daily activities, whether work or play, the occupational therapists at Centura Health Center for Therapy at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital can provide the specialized care you need.
We work with clients with physical, mental or developmental conditions to help them achieve their goals of recovering or maintaining daily activities and work skills. Sometimes that means modifying home or work environments, using assisted devices, changing daily living or work tasks to make them attainable, or educating patients and their families about new ways to overcome deficits.
Diagnosis we treat include:
- Hand, elbow, and shoulder injury
- Upper extremity splinting by our hand therapist
- Orthopedic injuries or post-surgical treatment
- Neurological deficits
- Relief of painful conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis
- Low vision and visual motor deficits
- Upper extremity strengthening and coordination
- Ergonomics training
- Home adaptation and adaptive equipment
- Cognitive and perceptual deficits
At Centura Health Center for Therapy at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, we'll work toward your goals, starting with a comprehensive evaluation and then offer a variety of personally tailored physical therapy techniques, including manual therapy, sports rehab and vestibular retraining.
Our rehabilitation experts are trained to help patients recover from orthopedic, neuromuscular and neurological injuries, illnesses or surgery. We also specialize in helping athletes recover from injuries and regain strength and range of motion.
We provide comprehensive care for a wide variety of illnesses, injuries and post-surgical recovery including:
- Sports medicine injuries
- Total joint replacements including knee, hip and shoulder
- Knee injuries including ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and meniscus tears
- Hip injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Parkinson's disease
- Vestibular dysfunction (dizziness/vertigo), balance deficits and recurrent falls
- Work injuries
- Women's health/pelvic floor dysfunction, including incontinence
- Postnatal rehabilitation
- Low-back pain, strain, and sprain
- Neck pain and strain, headache and whiplash
- Prenatal back pain
- Temporomandibular joint pains and dysfunctions
- Stroke/Neurological diagnosis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
With a focus on communication and swallowing disorders, the speech-language pathologists at Centura Health Center for Therapy at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital begin each patient's care with a comprehensive initial evaluation. A thorough assessment and diagnosis helps our experts then develop a customized plan, including the best intervention, treatment, and management.
Diagnosis we treat include:
- Accent reduction program to improve communication for people with accents
- Augmentative/alternative communication for nonverbal clients, often using technology and adaptive devices
- Cognitive therapy to improve memory, attention, processing, problem solving, and executive functioning
- Language therapy to improve developmental delays or language impairments due to neurological events
- Speech therapy for articulation disorders and patients affected by surgery, trauma, cancer or neurological conditions
- Swallowing therapy including Modified Barium Swallow Studies to measure swallowing impairment, and electrical stimulation technology treatments for swallowing impairments
- Voice therapy
Conditions We Treat
- Back pain
- Balance Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Pain or Injury
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Speech Disorders
- Sports Injury
- Swallowing Disorders
- Total Joint Recovery
- Vestibular Dysfunction