Our expert gynecologists and minimally invasive surgeons listen closely to each woman’s health concerns. Our providers work with each patient to create a treatment plan designed specifically for their needs. In addition, we provide a warm, reassuring atmosphere that promotes relaxation and comfort.
When compared to traditional OB/GYN practices, CHPG Women's Health Porter is unique as it focuses exclusively on gynecological (GYN) and surgical care. With this sole focus we are better able to offer the most skilled and advanced treatment options.
Given our specialization in women’s reproductive health, we have been able to concentrate solely on offering the most advanced, highly effective and least invasive treatment options for a wide variety of gynecologic conditions.
From contraception to surgery to menopause, we thoroughly discuss all options with our patients to help them make the best decisions to meet their individual goals.
Many of the procedures and therapies we offer can be completed in our office and have little to no recovery time associated with them. Some of the in-office procedures that we offer include:
- Polyp removal
- Endometrial Ablation
- Family planning
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP)
- Pelvic floor trigger point injection
Advanced Treatment Options
We are able to offer a variety of advanced and minimally invasive treatment options. Some of the advanced procedures performed by our surgeons include:
- Advanced laparoscopic & hysteroscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy & myomectomy
- Minimally invasive surgery for endometriosis
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- VNOTES (Vaginal Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery)
- Isthmocele resection
- Essure removal
- Tubal ligation reversal
- Robotic surgery for hysterectomy, myomectomy & sacrocolpopexy
- SONATA procedure for Fibroids
- Acessa procedure for Fibroids
- Endometrial ablation
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery is performing large surgeries through small incisions. All surgeries can be completed through large incisions, but not all physicians have received training in minimally invasive surgery. Our team has received fellowship training following their OBGYN training, specializing in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. We offer our patients the most cosmetic option, which leads to a quicker recovery and greater patient satisfaction. Our conversion to laparotomy (large incisions) is less than 1%.
Chronic Pelvic Pain / Endometriosis
Pelvic pain can often be debilitating, with women suffering for years before receiving treatment and diagnosis. Treatment can vary from different sites. Our providers have training specifically in pelvic pain management and identification as well as resection of endometriosis, with medical management options such as trigger point injection as well as medication therapy. Our physicians have fellowship training in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery and can offer you the latest surgical options for diagnosis and removal of endometriosis and identification of causes of pelvic pain.
The removal of the uterus (otherwise known as a hysterectomy) can be performed in many ways and for a variety of conditions (including vaginal bleeding, uterine precancer, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic pain, painful periods, pain with sex). Our providers training in minimally invasive surgery allows for removal of the uterus via potentially incisionless surgery. Our goal is to allow for faster recovery and less pain following surgery.
Fibroids are benign growths of the uterus which can result in severe symptoms of bleeding, pain, infertility, incontinence and constipation. Our providers can provide numerous options for treatment, including medications, non-invasive procedures, and minimally invasive surgical options, including myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids). These options are aimed at preserving the uterus, if that is your desire. By providing minimally invasive options, patients often recover and feel better faster.
- Well woman exam
- Reproductive health
- Menopause care
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Family planning
- Teen gynecological & urogynecological care
- LGBTQ (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender) care
- Laparoscopic & robotic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic & robotic hysterectomy
Conditions We Treat
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic masses (uterine/ovarian)
- Uterine septum
- Uterine isthmocele
- Abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding (Menorrhagia)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Interstitial cystitis
- Vulvar disease / lichen sclerosis
- Ovarian cysts
- Painful periods (Dysmenorrhea)
- Heavy periods / heavy menstrual bleeding
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
- Pelvic floor myalgia / muscle spasm
- Cervical dysplasia / disease