Our expert spine care team is here to put back pain behind you through advanced spine surgery. Combining the latest technology with the talents and expertise of world-class surgeons, specialized nurses, dedicated surgical teams, in-depth patient educators and therapy experts.
Our state-of-the-art, nationally certified spine surgery program is able to offer a complete continuum of care that is tailored specifically to the unique needs of our patients. We have robotically-assisted, minimally invasive surgery options and a specialized team that includes board-certified neurosurgery and spine surgeons, specialized surgical teams, and more.
Minimally invasive procedures
Minimally invasive surgery allows the surgeons at Parker Adventist Hospital to access damaged or diseased areas of the spine. State-of-the-art equipment allows for smaller incisions, which can decrease postoperative pain, cause fewer muscle spasms and allow for a speedier recovery and more cost-effective care.
Some of our Parker minimally invasive spine procedures include:
- Dynamic stabilization techniques: Technology used as an alternative to spinal fusion
- Sacroiliac joint fusion: A surgical procedure that fuses a pelvic bone to the spine
- Endoscopic microdiscectomy: A minimal incision technique using a small fiber-optic camera to see the affected disc
- X Stop™: A recently approved implanted device designed to provide pain relief for spinal stenosis
Traditional spine surgeries
For those spine conditions that cannot be treated with minimally invasive procedures, we provide many traditional spine surgeries in Parker:
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Artificial disc replacement
- Bone grafts and synthetic bone grafts
- Cervical corpectomy
- Deformity correction
- Discectomies (with or without fusion)
- Lumbar spine facetectomy, foraminotomy, laminectomy and microdiscectomy
- Posterior cervical spine facetectomy, foraminotomy and laminectomy
- Posterior cervical laminoplasty and microdiscectomy
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Sacroliliac joint fusion (minimally invasive)
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal motion preservation
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
Our expert team includes highly-skilled physician specialists who provide both expertise and individual care that patients expect.
Our physician team includes:
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Interventional pain management specialists
- Interventional radiologists
Physicians are supported with a full multidisciplinary team whose specialty care improves outcomes and moves patients toward a successful recovery.
Our team includes:
- Neuroscience Service Line Director
- Spine Clinical Coordinator
- Specialized nursing staff with training in spine care
- Surgical technologists
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists who specialize in spine disorders
- Registered dietitians
- Case managers and social workers with expertise in understanding of the spine patient's needs
Conditions We Treat
- Bone spurs
- Ruptured discs
- Nerve root compression
- Radiculopathy in the arm or leg
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal cord tumors
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal instability
- Spinal malformations
- Spinal stenosis
Put Back Pain Behind You. For Good.
Parker Adventist Hospital's spine and neurosurgery services team cares for patients with most types of routine to complex orthopaedic or neurologic disorders. Patients who receive early, aggressive and appropriate treatment's for their individual condition greatly increase their chance of successful outcomes and enjoy:
- Improved quality of life
- A more rapid return to daily activities such as work, family, school and leisure time
- Improved productivity and reduced economic drain at work
- Decreased disability and chronic pain
- Decreased need for narcotics
- Reduced number of inpatient hospital stays and utilization of the healthcare delivery system
- Decreased duplication of services
- Fewer incidents of unwarranted procedures and Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Increased satisfaction with healthcare providers
Parker Adventist Hospital wants you to have a positive experience and a successful recovery from your upcoming spine surgery. We request that any patient planning to have spine surgery at Parker Adventist Hospital fill out a pre-operative spine surgery form, watch our pre-operative spine surgery education video, or attend one of our free pre-operative education classes.
Please click on the button below and fill out your pre-operative spine surgery form. Once you submit the completed online form, another webpage will open that contains our pre-operative spine surgery education video for your viewing pleasure.
Our free education class prior to surgery highlights beneficial information for you as well as any family member or support partners included in your surgery journey.
When: Wednesdays, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Registration is required to attend. For more information and or to register, contact us.
- Phone: 303-269-4285