Robotic Surgery Program
The Porter surgery program is the region’s leading provider of advanced, multi-specialty robotic surgery for men and women. As one of the first robotic surgery programs in the Denver area, Porter has quickly become the local authority in a variety of minimally invasive robotic procedures.
By offering a wide range of surgical services and teaming with some of the nation’s top robotic surgeons, the robotics program at Porter is not only unique to Denver, but it is one of the premier robotic surgery programs in the country.
Porter Adventist Hospital has teamed with several leading gynecologists and urogynecologists to provide Denver-area women with access to world-class gynecological treatments and medical care. Combining the strengths of proven technologies, dedicated patient care teams and expert physicians, the Porter Adventist Hospital gynecology program is focused on providing optimal results in an environment that is both comfortable and relaxed.
Hospitality in a Hospital Setting
Our entire team understands the unique and sensitive nature of women's surgical procedures and strives to make women feel comfortable and cared for throughout their entire hospital stay. Each of our surgeons, nurses and technologists are specially trained in all women's surgical procedures. We also have a separate anesthesia team that specializes in the specific needs of women and remain with a patient until they are through the first stage of recovery.
When it comes to gynecological procedure at Porter Adventist Hospital, women can be confident they will receive the highest quality care for inpatient and outpatient procedures.
Our team of renowned gynecological surgeons and care providers treat patients who suffer from a variety of gynecologic medical conditions, with some of the most common including:
- Uterine fibroids - tumors that grow from the muscle of the uterus
- Heavy or abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Endometriosis - a condition in which the lining from inside the uterus, which normally sheds during periods, is found outside of the uterus, usually in the abdomen, on the ovaries, tubes or pelvic lining
- Uterine or vaginal vault prolapse - relaxation of vaginal support where the bladder, rectum, intestines, uterus, or vagina symptoms that feels like parts of the bodies are "falling down."
As a surgical center of excellence that specializes in both traditional and minimally invasive procedures, Porter Adventist Hospital's team of gynecological health care providers regularly performs procedures that include:
- Hysterectomy - a common surgery that removes the uterus
- Myomectomy - a surgery done to remove fibroids, reduce heavy menstrual bleeding, decrease pain and pressure and improve fertility
- Excision of endometriosis - the least invasive from of surgery to treat endometriosis
- Sacrocolpopexy - surgery for uterine or vaginal vault prolapse to correct the anatomical position of the vagina or uterus following muscle weakness and ligament stretching
Our expert surgeons are experienced in performing these and other types of gynecological surgeries using laparoscopic and traditional methods. Yet, no matter what type of procedure and technique is discussed or recommended by a gynecologist, the clinical care team at Porter Adventist Hospital is able to facilitate any treatment recommendation with matching skill and experience.
Robotic Assisted Cardiac Surgery
Porter Adventist Hospital is the only Colorado hospital currently offering robotic assisted cardiothoracic surgery. To have robotic assisted cardiac surgery before now, a Colorado patient formerly had to travel to out of state to a major heart center, and the only in-state option was traditional heart surgery. Now patients can get the minimally invasive, robotic assisted surgical approach right here in Denver, Colorado. Surgeries are performed through the right chest through very small incisions between the ribs. Compared with traditional heart surgery, there is less pain, less blood loss, reduced need for blood transfusions, fewer complications, and faster recovery.
Surgeries Offered Through This Robotic Approach Include:
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Intracardiac Tumors
- Correction of Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary Bypass Surgery (for very select cases)
Are you suffering from a urologic issue or condition and looking for expert care? At Porter Adventist Hospital, we work with top urologists and robotic surgeons in Denver, CO. Our hospital performs the highest quality and volume of urologic robotic surgery in the state and we are leaders in innovation. Whether you need treatment for prostate cancer, an adrenal disease or a Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction (UPJ), you can count on Porter Adventist Hospital to deliver the advanced urology care you need.
Performing Robotic Urologic Procedures at Porter Adventist Hospital
At Porter Adventist Hospital, our surgical team is able to perform the following robotic urologic procedures in Denver:
- Prostatectomy - removal of all or part of the prostate gland due to prostate cancer or other cancers of the pelvis
- Partial nephrectomy - removal of cancerous tumor or diseased kidney tissue
- Pyeloplasty - reconstruction or revision of the renal pelvis
- Cystectomy - removal of all or part of the urinary bladder due to bladder cancer
- Nephrectomy - removal of all or part of a kidney
- Ureteral surgery - removal of all or part of a ureter
- Sacrocolpopexy - repair of a pelvic organ prolapse
- Adrenalectomy - removal of one or both adrenal glands
- Renal cyst decortication - removal of benign renal cysts
The Robotic Surgery program at Porter offers:
- Highly trained and experienced surgeons specializing in robotic surgery
- Enhanced technologies for precision and accuracy
- Minimally invasive procedures that speed up recovery times, reduce side effects and lead to better clinical outcomes
- Patient care providers who work exclusively in the field of robotic surgery and have unique knowledge of what patients need before, during and after a procedure
Conditions We Treat
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Valve Defects
- Uterine Fibroids
- Uterine or Vaginal Prolapse