Behavioral Health Services
St. Catherine hospital offers a 10 Bed inpatient behavioral health unit to treat significant psychiatric or behavioral health disorders.
St. Catherine Hospital, in a partnership with Horizon Health, offers 10 bed Behavioral Health unit located at the Hospital. Horizon Health serves, as well as oversee admissions and discharges of inpatient services at St. Catherine.
Admission to the Behavioral Health Services Department can be initiated anytime, day or night by calling 620-272-2500.
Therapy & group sessions
- Daily individual sessions with psychiatric medical staff (7 days a week)
- Daily individual therapy (Monday-Friday)
- Various group therapy sessions throughout the day:
- Goals and medication education
- Social skills/psychoeducational group
- Occupational therapy
- Chemical dependency
- Family therapy sessions
- Psychological evaluations/testing (as needed)
- Nutritional consult with a Registered Dietician (as needed)
- Referral for appropriate follow-up services
Effective communication between inpatient and outpatient mental health providers and referral services is an essential element to treatment of the patient. This joint effort is designed to help improve the psychological health of patients, as well as each patient's ability to cope.
- Primary care providers
- Behavioral health professionals, community mental health centers or private practice providers
- Social service agencies or foster care
- Law enforcement officials
- Self referral/family referral
The behavioral health program provides a wide range of services for short-term hospitalization.
- Daily therapy
- Group therapy
- Individualized behavior modification program
- Family therapy & meetings
- Discharge planning to ensure the most comprehensive outpatient services are in place
Conditions We Treat
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Major depression
- Personality Disorder
- Significant adjustments to personal life crises
- Other psychiatric or mental health disorders