Breast Surgery Preparation Class
After meeting with your surgeon and prior to your surgery, you have the opportunity to be part of our breast surgery preparation class taught by registered nurses and physical therapists specifically trained in post-surgery breast care. Our goal is to minimize your fear, prepare you for surgery and teach you how to care for yourself, or a loved one, after surgery.
Tuesdays: 3-4:30 p.m.
To register: 303-673-1196
Location: Avista Adventist Hospital – Longs Peak Room
This class it taught by our registered nurses and physical therapists specially trained in post-breast surgery care. This class is designed to give you the knowledge you need to fight your battle and return to your life. You will learn:
- How to prepare for surgery
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Drain and dressing management
- Importance of pain management
- Lymphedema management
- Activity guidelines and post-operative exercises
- Practical tips for bathing, sleeping and moving comfortably
- Baseline measurement of arms and mobility completed in a private setting by a physical therapist. (Please wear a tank top or short-sleeved shirt).
This class is free and a light snack is provided.
A diagnosis of breast disease is nothing short of frightening. Just at the moment a woman receives this news, she will often be referred to a surgeon. We understand how important it is to find a surgeon you can trust with not only the procedure, but also your life.
Katrina Oyague, MD
General Surgery, Breast Care/Surgical Oncologist