Our birth center offers:
- A spacious, private birthing suite where you can stay for labor, deliver and recovery. Each birthing suite offers a private bath and sleeper sofa for your birth coach.
- A well-baby nursery and a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed around the clock with neonatal nurse practitioners. Neonatologists and other specialists are also available if necessary.
- Some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and nurses in Colorado.
- Two dedicated OB surgical suites-available immediately if a C-section is necessary.
- Room service.
- 24-hour in-house anesthesia coverage.
- OB physician in-house around the clock for immediate access.
- Breastfeeding support services.
- Birth classes.
- Help acquiring birth certificate and social security number.
- Special adoption support program.
You'll shape your birth experience by telling us what kinds of things are important to you.
- The level of pain management, or whether you'd prefer a completely natural childbirth.
- Who will be present with you at the birth.
- Important family, cultural or spiritual traditions that you wish to honor.
- Visiting hours for siblings, family and friends.
- If you want your spouse or birth partner to stay overnight.
At Avista, we are committed to your baby’s health and wellbeing. We support the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) and the March of Dimes campaign to educate women about 40 reasons to “Go the Full 40”.