Occupational & Hand Therapy
When pain, stiffness, or other deficits keep you from daily activities-whether work or play-the occupational therapists at Center for Rehabilitation at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital can provide the specialized care you need.
We work with clients with physical, mental or developmental conditions to help them achieve their goals to recover or maintain the daily activities and work skills of patients with a wide range of conditions. Sometimes that means modifying home or work environments, using assisted devices, changing daily living or work tasks to make them attainable, or educating patients and their families about new ways to overcome deficits.
Diagnoses we treat include:
- Hand, elbow, and shoulder injury
- Upper extremity splinting by our hand therapist
- Orthopaedic injuries or post-surgical treatment
- Neurological deficits
- Cognitive and perceptual deficits
- Low vision and visual motor deficits
- Upper extremity strengthening and coordination
- Ergonomics training
- Home adaptation and adaptive equipment
- Relief of painful conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis
At Center for Rehabilitation at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, we'll work with your goals, starting with a comprehensive evaluation and then offer a variety of personally tailored physical therapy techniques, including manual therapy, sports rehab and vestibular retraining.
Our rehabilitation experts are trained to help patients recover from orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological injuries, illnesses or surgery. We also specialize in helping athletes recover from injuries, and regain strength and range of motion.
We provide comprehensive care for a wide variety of illnesses, injuries and post-surgical recovery including:
- Sports medicine injuries
- Total joint replacements including knee, hip, and shoulder
- Knee injuries including ACL (anterior cruciate ligament injuries) and meniscus (cartilage) tears
- Hip injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Low-back pain, strain and sprain
- Neck pain and strain, headache, and whiplash
- Work injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pains and dysfunctions
- Stroke / neurological diagnoses
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Vestibular deficits, balance deficits, and recurrent falls
- Prenatal back pain
- Postnatal rehabilitation
With a focus on communication and swallowing disorders, the speech-language pathologists at Center for Rehabilitation at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital begin each patient's care with a comprehensive initial screening.
A thorough assessment and diagnosis helps our experts then develop a customized plan including the best intervention, treatment, and management. We also provide counseling and other follow-up services for some of the most common speech-language disorders.
Diagnoses we treat include:
- Accent reduction program to improve communication for people with accents
- Augmentative/alternative communication for nonverbal clients, often using technology and adaptive devices
- Cognitive therapy to improve memory, attention, processing, problem solving, and executive functioning
- Language therapy to improve developmental delays or language impairments due to neurological events
- Speech therapy for articulation disorders and patients affected by surgery, trauma, cancer or neurological conditions
- Swallowing therapy including Modified Barium Swallow Studies to measure swallowing impairment, and electrical stimulation technology treatments for swallowing impairments
- Voice therapy