Go ahead. Breathe that sigh of relief. You’ll be surrounded by experts every step of the way—and will understand why patients recommend Littleton Adventist Hospital to their family and friends.
- Around-the-clock, on-site expertise. Our mother/baby provider team is supported by physicians, neonatal nurse practitioners and certified nurse midwives ready for rapid response if needed.
- 24/7 Pain Management. We offer nitrous oxide as an alternate pain management option for women in labor, only the second hospital in Colorado to do so. Under the close supervision of a midwife or physician, nitrous is self-administered, is painless, has minimal side effects, and there are no known effects on the baby. Regardless of what type of pain management option you choose, or if you elect to have none at all, physicians, midwives, and in-house anesthesiologists are always available.
- Breastfeeding Support. Along with the American Academy of Pediatrics, we believe that breastfeeding offers the best nutrition for babies. We help our new mothers breastfeed within one hour of giving birth. Because of the excellent resources we offer, we have a 95% breastfeeding initiation rate—higher than both the state and national averages. Read more.
- Expertise in High-Risk Pregnancies. Screenings, genetic counseling, pregnancy management, diagnostics, diabetes education and management, education, pre-pregnancy consultations and research initiatives are available to help moms with high-risk pregnancies. Read more.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. If your baby needs expert care in a high-risk situation, you’ll be glad you chose The BirthPlace. Our NICU team averages more than 20 years of experience so you can rest assured your baby is in good hands. Read more.
- Gentle C-Sections. Women who need a cesarean section (C-section) are now able to immediately bond with their new little one in what’s called a “gentle C-section.” Until recently, women who delivered a child through C-section missed out on immediate skin-on-skin with their newborn because their baby was taken to the nursery while mom was in recovery. Now, at Littleton Adventist Hospital after C-section delivery and a quick assessment by the doctor, baby is placed on mom’s chest while her incision is closed. Then, mom and baby recover together. Our C-section rate consistently ranks better than the national average and our vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) rate is 88 percent, a testament to significant expertise.
- Education. It may all be new to you, but rest easy knowing our experts can coach you along the way. We offer prenatal and family education classes to meet the needs of first-time parents and growing families. Call 303-730-5810 to register.