Exceptional Care for Patients & Families
On your journey to well-being, our patient-focused program involves you in every step of your recovery. By focusing on your abilities, our dedicated team creates an individualized care plan that encompasses the whole person – mind, body, and soul.
Our interdisciplinary teams includes:
- Expert Physiatrist - a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Full-Time Rehabilitation Nurse Practitioner
- Specially-Trained Rehabilitation Registered Nurses and Certified Nurse Aides
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Social Work and RN Case Managers
- Spiritual Care Professionals
- Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Wound Care Registered Nurses
- Consulting Specialist Physicians
- Pet Therapy
- Full complement of hospital support services and other healthcare professionals to meet the patient’s individualized needs.
Our unit is located on the 7th floor of Littleton Adventist Hospital.
- 17 licensed beds
- A state-of-the-art therapy gym
- All private rooms with private bathrooms
- Menu for personalized meal selection
- A specialized therapy kitchen
- A transitional living apartment
- 1:1 therapy sessions
- Weekly care conferences with patient and family to discuss progress, goals, and discharge planning
Conditions We Treat
Our team of rehabilitation experts specialize in the treatment and care of patients recovering from:
- Orthopedic conditions
- Spinal cord and brain injuries
- Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and other movement disorders
- Other disorders and illnesses that decrease function
We offer advanced treatment options to provide a personalized rehabilitation approach for our patients including:
- Sara Stedy
- Sara Plus
- Free Step
- Lite Gait
- VitalStim therapy
- Vision therapy
- Biodex/upper body ergometer
Why Choose Inpatient Rehabilitation?
Acute (Inpatient Rehabilitation) vs Sub-Acute (Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation)
(Acute) Inpatient Rehabilitation (Sub-Acute Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation Close medical supervision by a physician with specialized training (physiatrist) Yes No 24 hour Rehabilitation Nursing Yes No Patients must require hospitalization for medical issues Yes No 3 hours of intensive therapy per day; 5-7 day/week Yes No
Hospital services without requiring outside transport:
- Emergency services
- Imaging (e.g. CT, MRI, x-ray)
- Specialized testing
- Consulting physicians
- Adjunct consultations
Hospital Level Staffing:
- Our multidisciplinary teams provide the most comprehensive care to provide patients and their families with the support needed to meet their medical, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our specially-trained and dedicated rehabilitation associates feature a team of registered nurses (RNs) with a ratio of 1:5 or less days, 1:6 or less nights, meaning you or your loved one will receive personalized and focused care.
- We also utilize one to two compassionate certified nursing assistants (CNA's) each shift to provide additional care.
- The therapy teams – physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology - all provide scheduled 1:1 treatments, utilizing the specialized rehab equipment available
- We also provide unit specific case managers to assist with discharge planning needs
Patient safety is one of our top priorities. We are proud to offer several methods to ensure the highest level of safety and wellbeing:
Each patient is cared for by our multidisciplinary team.
- Wheelchair safety belts
- Bed/chair alarms (as needed)
- AvaSys video surveillance (as needed)
- 1:1 safety sitter (as needed)
- Call light system goes directly to RN/CNA phone; our average non-emergent response time less than 30 seconds
- Purposeful Hourly rounding
- Bedside Shift Report
- Nurse Leader rounding for feedback
From one of our past patients:
“You have changed my life! Your skills and efficiency at retraining bodies is excellent; however, the best skills your team has is compassion, empathy, and patience. You have created a warm, caring environment that is conducive to healing. I have truly been blessed to be in your care!”
How to Make a Referral
We look forward to assisting you with making a referral for acute inpatient rehabilitation.
Referral Options Include:
- Call: 303-730-4423
- Fax clinicals to: 303-738-5281
- Enter a referral in Allscripts
- Enter a referral in Curaspan
We accept most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicaid.
Tour Our Facility
If you have questions or are interested in touring our facility, we invite you to schedule a tour.
We accept most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicaid.