Town of Parker, Colorado
Parker, Colorado. Here you'll find the perfect place to live, work, play and do business. From our historic roots to the innovative spirit that lives in our great community, people from all walks of life will find just what they're looking for in Parker.
By the Numbers
- 1,100 Associates
- 1,100 Affiliated Physicians in nearly 60 specialties
- 170 Licensed Beds (158 in December 2015)
- 7,300 Annual Admissions
- 26,800 ER Visits
- $29 Million in Community Benefit
*For the fiscal year ended 2015
- Emergency Department with Level II trauma designation
- Cardiovascular Services with Cath Lab
- The BirthPlace with a Level III NICU caring for babies born as early as 28 weeks. More than 9,385 babies have been born at Parker Hospital's BirthPlace, and features private rooms, 24-hour in-house anesthesiology coverage and a neonatal intensive care unit with 24-hour coverage by neonatal nurse practitioners from The Children's Hospital
- Neurosurgery program providing diagnostic, consultative and therapeutic services for treatment of routine and complex disorders of the brain and spine
- Comprehensive total joint replacement program with a special pre and post surgical rehabilitation program and a unique pain management protocol
- Comprehensive breast services including digital mammography, breast ultrasound, MRI guided biopsy, and steriotactic biopsy in The Trio Breast Center
- Stroke program with 24/7 neurology and neurosurgery coverage, education, rehabilitation, and prevention programs.
- Bariatric weight loss surgery performed using minimally invasive techniques
- Outpatient Imaging Services including MRI, CT, ultrasound, diagnostic x-ray and PET/CT
- A special pediatric wing offered in collaboration with The Children's Hospital, including emergency, specialty and inpatient care for kids
- Rehabilitation services include inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Sleep Disorders Center that treats more than 70 distinct sleep disorders
- Anorectal Physiology Lab offers comprehensive diagnostic testing that provides important information about the function and anatomy of the anus and rectum
- Operating rooms with computerized access to radiology images and capability for minimally invasive surgery
Community and Patient Resources
- Parker, offers free health information and physician referalls: 303-777-NURSE (6877)
- CarePages at www.parkerhospital.org offers a free personalized Web page to help family and friends communicate during hospitalization and recovery.
- That's My Baby online nursery at www.parkerhospital.org allows family and friends to see photos of your newborn.
- The Parker Hospital Foundation supports the important work of the hospital.
To give a gift, contact Lisa Sandoval at 303-715-7614.
Parker Adventist Hospital grew immensely in the summer and fall of 2015. In addition to becoming a Level II trauma center, we expanded our emergency room, added a new unit to our South tower dedicated to Orthopedic & Spine care, and constructed four new operating rooms.
We are proud that these expanded capabilities and services allow us to better meet the needs of our community and we plan to continue to grow as we pioneer healthcare delivery and improve lives.
Neuro, Joint, & Spine Unit
- 24 new, private patient rooms
- Developed by a multi-disciplinary team
- Staffed with nurses trained specifically in orthopedic and neurosciences
- Developed with the vision that patients are not “sick”, but receiving orthopedic, joint or spine surgery for improved quality of life
- Integrated physical therapy department on the unit
- Latest technology in patient beds and safety
- High definition x-ray viewing screens for physicians
- A computer in every room
- Multiple decentralized stations for clinical team members to dictate and chart
- Every patient room was designed with a vision of a healing environment
- Conference room for our ortho/spine classes and community outreach events
- Dedicated therapy gym on the unit to help prepare patients for a safe return home featuring
- A simulated area for activities of daily living
- Calming and comfortable environment to promote a return to normal function
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy/Speech-Language Pathologists coverage 7 days/week
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate therapists
- Key part of the team for same day discharge with total joint patients
- Expanded area for patients waiting for test results
- Expanded staff lounge
- Developed three rooms specifically for trauma patients
- Four new operating rooms installed on the 2nd floor
- 2 additional rooms shelled for future growth
Get Well Network
At Parker Adventist Hospital, we are always looking for ways to improve our ability to serve the needs of our patients and family members.As another example of this commitment, we have partnered with GetWellNetwork, the leading provider of Interactive Patient Care solutions, to enable our patients and family members to be active participants in their own care - all through the comfort and convenience of the television in their patient room!
Get Connected. Get Informed.Get Well
The GetWellNetwork system transforms the television in a patient room into an Interactive Patient Care experience.
Through the television, you can use the GetWellNetwork system to:
- Learn more about your health, procedures and medications
- Access important information about hospital services and facilities
- Provide feedback regarding your hospital stay
- Watch on-demand movies
- Email family and friends
- Surf the Internet
How Do You Use GetWellNetwork
Once admitted to your patient room, the television will immediately welcome you to the hospital.Using a wireless keyboard, remote control or a pillow speaker (configurations can vary by room), you will be able to navigate through the simple on-screen menu to access valuable educational materials, hospital services, and entertainment options.
For additional assistance using the system, there are on-screen instructions as well as a full-time GetWellNetwork representative on-site at Parker Adventist to answer any questions you may have.
Parker Adventist Leading the Way
Parker Adventist is proud to be the first hospital west of the Mississippi River to bring this latest technology to the community.Our patients and family members appreciate the added convenience that the GetWellNetwork system brings to their hospital stay - and we look forward to sharing it with you.
To learn more visit GetWellNetwork or call 303-269-4000.
GetWellNetwork is a registered trademark of GetWellNetwork, Inc .
Magnet Designation | Nursing Excellence
At Parker Adventist Hospital, our philosophy creates an environment where nurses are respected, trained and equipped to provide the highest level of patient care. We believe that when nurses are skilled, confident and satisfied with their career, patients outcomes improve; and that truly is the best of science and spirit.
We invite you to discover nursing at its best.
Parker Adventist Hospital has achieved Magnet™ designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credential Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, the largest and most prominent nursing credentialing organization in the United States.
The Magnet™ designation places Parker among health care organizations that demonstrate excellence in nursing practice and adherence to national standards for the organization and delivery of nursing services. Parker completed a rigorous evaluation that includes extensive interviews and review of nursing services. Research shows there are clear benefits to hospitals that are awarded Magnet status and to the communities they serve:
- Healthcare consumers have more confidence in the overall quality of a hospital if it has achieved the level of excellence established by the Magnet Recognition Program.
- Magnet designated facilities consistently outperform other facilities in recruiting and retaining nurses resulting in increased stability in patient care and patient satisfaction.
- Because quality nursing is one of the most important factors in enlisting high caliber physicians and specialists, Magnet status becomes an attractive force that extends to the entire facility.