Nationally-Accredited Breast Care Centers
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers at Parker Adventist Hospital
The Breast Care Center at Parker Adventist Hospital has received the "gold standard" in accreditation for breast centers nationally. After a recent survey, the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), which is administered by the American College of Surgeons, granted a three-year full accreditation designation to Parker Adventist Hospital's multidisciplinary breast program with no recommendations.
Accreditation by the NAPBC is given only to centers that have demonstrated their commitment to providing the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation of their performance by the independent organization.
This commitment includes providing quality standards in:
- Needle biopsy
- Interdisciplinary conference
- Patient navigation
- Genetic evaluation and management
- Surgical care
- Plastic surgery consultation/treatment
- Medical oncology consultation/treatment
- Radiation oncology consultation/treatment
- Data management
- Education, support and rehabilitation
- Outreach and education
- Quality improvement
- Survivorship program
As an accredited NAPBC center, the Breast Care Center provides or has referred services for:
- Board-certified breast surgeons
- Board-certified breast radiologists
- Certified radiology equipment
- Certified breast diagnostic radiographers (technicians)
- Board-certified breast pathologists
- Board-certified medical oncologists
- Board-certified radiation oncologists
- Board-certified plastic reconstructive surgical services
- Patient navigators
- Board-certified genetic counselors
- Board-certified psychosocial support professionals
- Interdisciplinary breast conferences
- Patient education and support
- Quality improvement programs
- Palliative care
- Survivorship programs
- High-risk clinics
NAPBC accredited centers provide patients with the following:
- Comprehensive care including a complete range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best available treatment options
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early-detection programs, cancer education and support services
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care
Excluding cancers of the skin, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women. About one in every eight women in the U.S., or 12 percent, will develop invasive breast cancer during her lifetime, with more than 200,000 cases diagnosed in 2010. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women, but the rate of death has been steadily decreasing as a result of earlier diagnosis and treatment advances.
To schedule your mammogram call 720-809-8968.
Advanced Breast Diagnostics
Advanced breast care diagnostics and services include:
- Screening and Diagnostic Mammograms and Breast Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Core and Vacuum-assisted Biopsies
- Aspiration and Localization
- Stereotactic Needle Biopsies
- Breast MRI
- Bone Densitometry Screening
Parker Hospital offers our breast patients a Breast Patient Navigator. This is a medical professional who assists breast patients throughout their breast journey, from screening mammograms through survivorship.
At the Breast Care Center, we are committed to saving lives with early detection of breast cancer through and believe you deserve compassionate care and the very best in technology.
To schedule an appointment, contact us.