At Parker Cancer Center we have a range of therapies that include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, hormone therapy or some combination. Prior to determining which treatment is best for you, your oncologist will conduct a physical exam, review your medical history and study any imaging and lab reports.
Medical oncologists with Cypress Hematology and Oncology incorporates anti-cancer drugs in the treatment of advanced cancers and in lowering risk of recurrence for patients at high risk. Our physicians have a wide array of therapy options to choose from dependent on the patients diagnosis and plan of care.
Radiation treatment plans and technologies are customized by Parker Cancer Center to each patient's individual needs, incorporating a highly effective dose of radiation to destroy cancer cells while sparing surrounding healthy tissue. Our radiation therapy treatments include:
- External Beam Radiation - The Cancer Center at Parker Adventist Hospital is equipped with the Varian TrueBeam image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery system. The TrueBeam is not only able to deliver all forms of advanced external-beam radiation therapy, but is also one of the of the fastest, most accurate and versatile treatment systems currently available.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) and Stereotactic Radiosurger (SRS)
- Three-Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D-CRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Brachytherapy, also known as internal radiation or implant therapy
- 6D Robotic Treatment Couch
- VisionRT Motion Management System
Key highlights of the stytem include:
- Delivering cancer treatments up to two time faster thanolder linear accelerators
- Increased precision treatment fields that measure in increments of less than a millimeter
- Improved accuracy by by monitoring data points every 10 milliseconds as treatment is administered ensuring that radiation is always focused and on target
In addition to TrueBeam, we have enhanced treatment capabilities utilizing Vision RT, Gate CT, and Gate RT guidance systems that allow for real-time, non-invasive patient motion management. These systems increase treatment safety and accuracy.