Community Engagement Request
Centura Health hospitals receive many requests each year asking us to engage in community events and programs. Supporting the communities we serve in this way is a reflection of our mission: to extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
Before submitting a request, please consider the following:
- Sponsorships and events should align with our mission, vision and values. All sponsorships and events should relate to community health improvement or prevention and one of the hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment priorities.
- Please make your request at least 60 days prior to your event or sponsorship deadline.
- Completion of this form does not guarantee a donation or sponsorship.
- We are only able to support non-profit organizations.
Completed requests will be considered by an internal committee. We will contact you within 30 days regarding the status of your request.
The Healing Arts program at Porter Adventist Hospital is providing patients, family members, staff members and the community with an environment that calms and revives the senses during times of stress and anxiety.
The Healing Arts program includes visual arts, music, nature and community outreach. All components feature local artists. This program is fully supported by community donations.
Music therapy has been shown to reduce stress and even aid in the healing process. At Porter Adventist Hospital, certified music therapists come right to the bedside to play soothing therapeutic music. Regional musicians perform free concerts in public areas of the hospital, bringing benefits to everyone.
The healing power of touch has proven health benefits including lowering blood pressure, boosting your immune system, and improving sleep. To help take a patient's mind off of pain, certified massage therapists provide gentle, soothing hand and foot massages.
The hallways and patient rooms throughout the hospital are enriched by stunning artwork that reflects the beauty of Colorado. Created by regional artists and local students, the nature-based art was chosen for its powers to reduce stress and provide positive distraction, which can be helpful in the healing process.
Steeped in natural light and built from environmentally sound materials, Porter Adventist Hospital upholds the Adventist belief that health care is rooted in the power of God as reflected in nature. A peaceful Healing Garden right off of the main lobby provides a calming waterfall and quiet spots for patients, visitors, and staff to sit and reflect.
Porter Adventist Hospital offers several different types of support groups to help you through difficult times. These services are free-of-charge and open to all. Groups include:
Grief Support groups
Living after Loss is for those who have suffered any type of major loss. This eight-week group is led by a trained grief counselor and offers emotional, physical and spiritual sustenance. For more information contact us.
Spiritual Care Department
Cancer Support groups
Various cancer support groups are available. For more information contact us.
Kids Alive!Support for children of parents with cancer.
Kids Alive! is one of the few programs in the Denver area that provides support for children, ages 6-16, of parents with cancer. Kids Alive! meets monthly on Saturday mornings from September - May, providing a safe and helpful environment for children to process and cope with their parents' cancer diagnosis.
Kids Alive! aims to:
- Create a place for a child to be a child - to experience fun, support and continuity of life apart from catastrophic illness.
- Facilitate a better relationship between cancer patients and their families, reducing guilt and anxiety in children.
- Help parents interpret their children’s behavior as adaptive to the trauma in the family and improve communication in the family.
- Develop awareness of resources for both parents and children.
Kids Alive! is committed to supporting children and families in our community. All applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis. We will contact all individuals who apply or request information in a timely manner.
Kids Alive! is a unique, privately funded program offered at no charge to any family thanks to the generosity of community donors, Porter Hospital and the Porter Hospital Foundation.