The Centre for Behavioral Health at Porter Adventist Hospital provides a complete spectrum of outpatient mental health services utilizing various evidence-based therapeutic approaches to help individuals find support and overcome obstacles.
- Individual and family counseling for adults, teens, and children is provided by licensed, Masters-educated counselors specializing in family counseling, cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy and trauma therapy.
- Psychiatric medication management services for all ages.
Our Expert Clinical Team
- Board certified psychiatrists who specialize in child, adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatry
- Masters educated and licensed psychotherapists, Masters of Public Health (MPH), Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- Masters Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
- Certified Addiction Counselors (Level I, II and III)
- Registered Nurses
Porter Adventist Hospital and The Centre for Behavioral Health are both contracted with most major insurance plans including Medicare.
Medicaid for Behavioral Health Services
Porter Adventist Hospital accepts Medicaid for Adult and Senior Inpatient Acute Hospitalization and both Inpatient and Outpatient Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT).
The Center for Behavioral Health accepts ABC and BHI Medicaid only for our Substance Use Intensive Outpatient Program (SU-IOP).
Currently, we are not able to accept Medicaid for the following services:
- Outpatient Therapy
- Medication Management
- Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (MH-IOP)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Outpatient Program (DBT-IOP)
To find a Medicaid provider, visit: