Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Porter Adventist Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute offers a nationally certified comprehensive medically supervised outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program designed to help those who have had heart surgery, heart attack, stent placement, coronary artery bypass, valve replacement or repair, angioplasty, heart failure or chest pain (angina) become more heart-healthy while reducing the risk of future cardiac events.
- Nationally accredited through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Individualized exercise program under the supervision of registered nurses, exercise physiologists and medical director
- Telemetry monitoring heart rate/rhythm, blood pressure response and pulse oximetry measuring oxygen saturation
- An educational component to help you learn more about your heart condition, heart healthy eating, smoking cessation, risk factors and decreasing risks , medications, exercise guidelines, strength training, and managing stress and emotions
- Management of blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes
- Communication with your physicians and other healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event
Only you can make the lifestyle changes necessary to make your life healthier. Your treatment or procedure in the hospital was just the beginning of your journey. Now is the time to develop new habits to stay healthy. Cardiac rehabilitation can help you feel better and gain the confidence to get back to doing what you enjoy. According to the American Heart Association, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation programs have been shown to reduce rehospitalization rates, and increase the rates of return to work and normal activities. Our cardiac rehabilitation team will work with you in reaching your health goals.
Porter Hospital's Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) program is a medically supervised program designed for patients who experience lung problems such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and interstitial lung disease.
- Individualized exercise program under the supervision of registered nurses, exercise physiologists, respiratory therapists and medical director.
- Exercise will help to improve your endurance and muscle strength, so you’re better able to carry out daily activities.
- Telemetry monitoring heart rate/rhythm, blood pressure response and pulse oximetry measuring oxygen saturation.
- Individualized personal and program goals are established with each patient upon entry into the program which includes monitored progressive exercise, behavior change assistance, psychosocial referral and counseling.
- An educational component to help you learn more about your lung condition, nutrition, understanding oxygen therapy, breathing retraining, strategies for managing breathing problems, smoking cessation, medications, exercise guidelines, strength training, and managing stress and emotions.
- System assessment and knowledge about when to seek medical treatment.
- Communication with your physicians and other healthcare providers about your progress in the program.
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation team will help you to improve your quality of life. Although PR can’t cure your lung disease, it can be of great benefit and you may notice improved breathing effort and less breathing problems.
Porter Adventist Hospital Integrated Services (IS) and CREATION Health, a revolutionary approach to health and wellness, offers a meaningful partnership with degreed, experienced and nationally certified staff. CREATION Health, developed by the Adventist Health system, founded on the belief that each of us is intended to enjoy the very best life has to offer.
- Thorough fitness assessment
- Stress Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Nutrition Counseling
- Diabetes Education
- Cardiovascular Risk Factor Assessment
- Personalized fitness program design with Personal Trainer
- InBody 720 body composition analysis
- Training tool for Lifestyle Changes using the CREATION Health Principles
One hour IS Consult ($60) Includes:
- Medical Health History
- InBody 720 Analysis with fitness/lifestyle consult
- Cardiovascular Risk Factor Assessment and Education
- Personalized Exercise Prescription
- Specialty Referrals
To schedule an IS appointment, contact us.