Porter Adventist Hospital has teamed with several leading gynecologists and urogynecologists to provide Denver-area women with access to world-class gynecological treatments and medical care. Combining the strengths of proven technologies, dedicated patient care teams and expert physicians, the Porter Adventist Hospital gynecology program is focused on providing optimal results in an environment that is both comfortable and relaxed.
Hospitality in a Hospital Setting
Our entire team understands the unique and sensitive nature of women's surgical procedures and strives to make women feel comfortable and cared for throughout their entire hospital stay. Each of our surgeons, nurses and technologists are specially trained in all women's surgical procedures. We also have a separate anesthesia team that specializes in the specific needs of women and remain with a patient until they are through the first stage of recovery.
When it comes to gynecological procedure at Porter Adventist Hospital, women can be confident they will receive the highest quality care for inpatient and outpatient procedures.
Our team of renowned gynecological surgeons and care providers treat patients who suffer from a variety of gynecologic medical conditions, with some of the most common including:
- Uterine fibroids - tumors that grow from the muscle of the uterus
- Heavy or abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Endometriosis - a condition in which the lining from inside the uterus, which normally sheds during periods, is found outside of the uterus, usually in the abdomen, on the ovaries, tubes or pelvic lining
- Uterine or vaginal vault prolapse - relaxation of vaginal support where the bladder, rectum, intestines, uterus, or vagina symptoms that feels like parts of the bodies are "falling down."
As a surgical center of excellence that specializes in both traditional and minimally invasive procedures, Porter Adventist Hospital's team of gynecological health care providers regularly performs procedures that include:
- Hysterectomy - a common surgery that removes the uterus
- Myomectomy - a surgery done to remove fibroids, reduce heavy menstrual bleeding, decrease pain and pressure and improve fertility
- Excision of endometriosis - the least invasive from of surgery to treat endometriosis
- Sacrocolpopexy - surgery for uterine or vaginal vault prolapse to correct the anatomical position of the vagina or uterus following muscle weakness and ligament stretching
Our expert surgeons are experienced in performing these and other types of gynecological surgeries using laparoscopic and traditional methods. Yet, no matter what type of procedure and technique is discussed or recommended by a gynecologist, the clinical care team at Porter Adventist Hospital is able to facilitate any treatment recommendation with matching skill and experience.