Surgical Treatment Options
Severe joint conditions may require surgical treatments. Our orthopedic care teams are lead by orthopedic surgical experts, all of whom are either board certitifed or board eligible.
The most common surgical joint procedures we perform include:
- Hip resurfacing
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Partial knee resurfacing
- Partial shoulder resurfacing
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
Typically, conservative treatment is tried before a surgeon would recommend a total hip or knee replacement surgery (arthroplasty).
Here are some of treatments surgeons currently suggest:
- Wellness programs including changing work habits, positions, weight loss, and education on activities of daily living.
- Physical therapy for strengthening and treatment to decrease pain and improve function of concerned joint. Sometimes aquatic therapy will also help to improve strength while not irritating the joint with total body weight.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories: There are many kinds of anti-inflammatories to try. Talk with your doctor first before attempting this route.
- Injection into painful joint; this may be with or without a local anesthetic and corticosteroid to decrease inflammation in the joint.
Centura Orthopedics offers highly experienced, board-certified orthopedic surgeons who specialize in a wide variety of orthopedic conditions, disorders and injuries. We invite you to learn more about the surgical specialties our practices offer.
Tour the Total Joint & Spine Center
Take a virtual tour of the Total Joint & Spine Center or contact the the program manager at: 719-571-6005