Why Choose us?
We provide state-of-the-art care for a full spectrum of sports injuries. We have additional subspecialty fellowship training in the area of Sports Medicine. We specialize in results-oriented programs to improve athletic performance and to "get you back in the game" whether you're a competitive or recreational athlete.
Our doctors have worked with many professional and collegiate organizations over the years that have included FIFA, NCAA, Pro Bull Riding (PBR), Major League Soccer (MLS), the Chicago Sky (WNBA), the University of Illinois at Chicago Flames, University of Colorado Buffaloes, Denver Pioneers, and the Colorado State University at Pueblo-Thunderwolves. They also provide coverage for many high school sports in the Southern Colorado Region.
We provide advanced surgical techniques in the following areas:
- Arthroscopic Procedures
- All arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs
- Arthroscopic and open surgical treatment for shoulder dislocations
- Reconstruction for shoulder separations
- Non-joint replacement treatment of arthritis
- Knee Ligament reconstruction including procedures to restore function after ACL tears, multiple ligament tears including knee dislocation
- Reconstructive procedures for unstable patellafemoral joints (i.e. dislocating kneecaps)
- Cartilage repair techniques such as meniscus repair and microfracture
- Cartilage restoration procedures such as Carticel™, DeNovo™ or Osteoarticular allografts
- Hip preservation procedures including hip arthroscopy, labral repair, treatment of hip impingement
- Surgical treatment of ankle instability
Rehab Treatment and Techniques
Our team provides state-of-the-art care for a full spectrum of sports injuries. We specialize in results-oriented programs to improve athletic performance and "get you back in the game" whether you're a competitive or recreational athlete. We provide care for active individuals of all ages.
- Specialized Training in Preventative Techniques
- Musculoskeletal Problems
- Specialized Back and Neck Treatments
Total Joint Replacement
At St. Mary-Corwin Physician Partners – Orthopedics it is our goal to create an individualized treatment plan for each patient and get them back to having an active life. Our comprehensive care includes education, preparation, surgical care – if needed, post-operative care and rehabilitation.
What is Total Joint Replacement Surgery?
This surgery is a procedure in which a damaged joint is replaced with an artificial joint. A joint is a section in the body where the ends of two bones meet in a socket. The socket is made up of cartilage or tissue that is meant to protect the end of each bone. Joint damage is typically found in the cartilage surrounding the bone. Artificial joints are made from a number of substances including stainless steel, plastics, titanium and chrome, among others. Your physician will decide which artificial joint is most appropriate for each patient.
We perform replacements on hips, knees and shoulders. Most of our total joint replacement patients have a diminished quality of life when performing simple everyday tasks.
How do I know if I need a joint replacement?
Patients with joint pain, usually undergo a number of tests on their joint, which may include:
Our physicians will review your test results and meet with you to discuss your options for a treatment plan. Generally, total joint replacement surgery is the last resort for patients who have already tried physical therapy, pain management and other orthopedic remedies.
St. Mary-Corwin’s Joint Replacement Center
St. Mary-Corwin Physician Partners – Orthopedics performs our joint replacement surgeries at St. Mary-Corwin’s Joint Replacement Center in Pueblo. The St. Mary-Corwin Joint Replacement Center's unique program is designed to encourage the best results leading to a discharge from the hospital three days after surgery.
Learn more about Total Joint Replacement Surgery