Join a dedicated group of extraordinary people who are instrumental in supporting St. Thomas More Hospital programs, services and community.
St. Thomas More Health Foundation donors come from all walks of life, contributing gifts of every size for a wide variety of projects. Together, we share a commitment to the common good and a willingness to put our resources to work advancing the healing ministry of Christ upon which the St. Thomas More Hospital mission is built.
The foundation supports the hospital's mission to enhance the health of the individuals and communities it serves through promotion and distribution of philanthropic gifts. The monies are managed and distributed by the Foundation Board. St. Thomas More Health Foundation provides funding for equipment needs, programs, services and charity care for patients. Helping neighbors and friends through donations to the foundation touches lives and leaves a legacy for the future.
For more information on how to donate contact us.
- Phone: 719-313-0167
Join and support St. Thomas More Health Foundation.
Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund
We would like to congratulate the 2018 Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund grant recipients.
In February 2018, nearly $110,000 was awarded to 26 local-area non-profit agencies who support the health, safety and wellness of people throughout Fremont County. The legacy of St. Thomas More Hospital that started 79 years ago by the Benedictine Sisters of Yankton, S.D., continues today.
When the Sisters were called back to South Dakota after their service in Cañon City, they left a community outreach endowment with the St. Thomas More Health Foundation. It was their vision to continue serving our community long after they returned home to continue their service at the Sacred Heart Monastery.
The endowment funds are specifically designated to improve the health and wellness of our community. Organizations in Fremont County were encouraged to apply for program or equipment funding. Applications were reviewed by the Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund review committee.
This year’s recipients include:
- Boys and Girls Club of Fremont County
- Canon City Area Metro Recreation and Park District
- Canon City First United Methodist Church
- Canon City Golden Age Council, Inc.
- Canon City Pregnancy Center
- Canon Literacy Center
- ECHO & Family Center Early Childhood Council
- Family Crisis Services, Inc.
- Florence High School Funfest
- Fremont Community Foundation
- Fremont County Sheriff's Office Victim Services
- Fremont RE-1 School District
- Fremont Search and Rescue
- Heart of Colorado CASA
- Loaves and Fishes Ministries of Fremont County
- MCI Recovery Ministries dba Jump Start Recovery
- Meals on Wheels Canon City
- Orchard of Hope Foundation
- Senior Services Solutions
- Tallahassee Fire Protection District
- UAAOG/Fremont County Head Start
The application for the 2019 Yankton Benedictine Sisters Grant will be available in October 2018.
For more information,contact us:
- Phone: 719-776-7161