- Warfarin monitoring and dose adjustment
- One-on-one counseling with education about diet and drug interactions with your warfarin
- Quick 30-minute appointments with no long wait times
- Same day INR blood test results (INR measures how fast your blood clots and lets us know when your dose needs to be changed.)
- Progress notes are faxed to your primary care physician after each clinic visit.
- Convenient location within St. Thomas More Hospital
If you are taking an anticoagulant (blood thinner) medication named Coumadin (warfarin), the St. Thomas More Anticoagulation Clinic can help you manage your medication therapy. The program is run by a pharmacist who will oversee your medication treatment plan.
Anticoagulants are very important for your health, but if mismanaged they can cause serious, disabling and even life-threatening bleeding or clotting problems.