CENTURA HEALTH AND HEART OF THE ROCKIES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ESTABLISH AFFILIATION TO EXPAND CLINICAL SERVICES
Partnership designed to enhance quality, safety and scope of services provided to residents living in the Upper Arkansas Valley
Both Centura Health and HRRMC believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible, and will partner through this independent affiliation agreement to provide specific resources and services that support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services including cardiology, stroke, spine and trauma. The partnership also promotes sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
HRRMC is the second independent affiliate to unite with the Centura Health network, joining San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa who signed their affiliation and services agreement in May 2010.
FACTS AND STATS:
- With more than 70 percent of Colorado counties classified as rural or frontier, the challenge to extend quality, accessible, affordable health care beyond city boundaries is growing.
- Changes in reimbursement models, regulatory and compliance issues, electronic health management and clinical services have never been more challenging.
- Keeping health care local contributes to a communitys economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Centura Health is committed to building systems of care that connect our operating entities and health care partners via a seamless network of excellence, delivering health care when and where they are needed.
- By sharing best practices across our statewide network, we elevate the level of care we provide in every setting from preventative care to rehabilitation.
- Centura Health and Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center share a common vision and commitment to improving the delivery of health care for our patients and communities," said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. Through this partnership, we plan to take advantage of our organizations shared strengths and opportunities while enhancing the quality and scope of services available to residents across the region."
- We have had a very successful, long-standing relationship with Centura, including using their trauma, cardiology and surgical expertise," said Ken Leisher, CEO of Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center. This affiliation and services agreement will allow us to take it to the next level and bring even more services to our local area. We look forward to sharing in Centuras resources and best practices."
- The cooperative agreement with Centura opens a treasure trove of health care expertise that will be very beneficial to HRRMC," said Dan Downing, chairman of Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Centers board of directors. We are proud to be a leader in the challenging world of rural health care providers, and this agreement will enable us to maintain that position, not only by sharing Centuras resources, but also by sharing our experience with them.In the long run, cooperative efforts such as this can only make rural health care delivery better."
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health is Colorados largest hospital and health care network and we are charting the course for the future of health care. Approximately 14,500 of the health care industrys best and brightest with more than 6,000 physician partners, deliver advanced care to more than half a million people each year, across 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, independent affiliated hospitals, Flight For Life Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Our strength lies in our ability to offer a team of connected networks and shared resources to deliver accessible, reliable and cost-effective health care across the state. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital in Salida, Colorado. Established in 1885 as the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Hospital, the medical center has undergone several changes in ownership over the years. It is now part of a public hospital district encompassing Chaffee, western Fremont and northern Saguache Counties. In 2008, HRRMC moved into a new state-of-the-art facility one mile west of its original location. While our facility may be new, our mission for more than 125 years has remained the same: to provided personalized and exceptional care close to home. To learn more about HRRMCs providers and services, visit www.hrrmc.com.