Centura Health and Logan County Hospital Establish Affiliation to Increase Access to Care Locally
(ENGLEWOOD, COLO.)Centura Health, the regions health care leader, and Logan County Hospital in Oakley, Kan., have signed an affiliation agreement that will ensure that residents of Logan County and surrounding communities have access to high-value care. The affiliation establishes an expanded system of care for Logan County Hospital, giving residents and health care providers greater access to the leading health care network in Colorado and western Kansas.
Both Centura Health and Logan County Hospital believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible, and will partner through this independent affiliation agreement to provide specific resources and services that support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services. As the second affiliate in Kansas, its inclusion strengthens and expands Centura Healths Affiliate Hospital network in western Kansas, joining Goodland Regional Medical Center in Goodland.
Logan County Hospital becomes the ninth independent affiliate to join the Centura Health network, along with Conejos County Hospital in La Jara, Colo.; Goodland Regional Medical Center in Goodland, Kan.; Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center in Salida, Colo.; Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home in Hugo, Colo.; Middle Park Medical Center in Kremmling and Granby, Colo.; Rio Grande Hospital in Del Norte, Colo; San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa, Colo.; and St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, Colo.
IMPROVING HEALTH CARE VALUE:
- Both Logan County Hospital and Centura Health believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible. Keeping health care local contributes to a communitys economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Both organizations strongly believe in collaborating long-term to promote sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management
- By sharing best practices across our integrated network, Centura Health and Logan County Hospital elevate the level of care provided to meet the increasing need to offer convenient, integrated, high-value care when and where it is needed.
- Together, we are leveraging our shared strengths to improve health care value while keeping health care local, said Russ Johnson, senior vice president, network development and outreach, Centura Health. This affiliation demonstrates our commitment to meet the health care needs of consumers living in more rural communities and ensuring they have continued access to high-value care when and where it is needed."
- We are very excited to affiliate with Centura Health, for the opportunities that will be afforded to our patients, organization and community, said Darcy Howard, interim chief executive officer and chief finance officer, Logan County Hospital. This agreement promises to bring new resources and services to our hospital to ensure we continue to meet the health care needs of our community.
# # #
About Logan County Hospital
Logan County Hospital is a 15-bed critical access hospital system in northwest Kansas serving patients in Oakley and Colby, Kan. since 1946. The small health system includes the hospital, a 45-bed nursing home, two local rural health clinics (one in Oakley and another in Colby), and Logan County Rehabilitation and Wellness Center. Within its system, 192 employees deliver care that embodies their mission to make those we encounter feel valued and those we serve feel well cared for and deeply cared about. For more information on Logan County Hospitals health care services, visit www.logancountyhospital.org.
About Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 17,100 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 15 hospitals, six senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life Colorado, we are making the regions best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. We believe you can inspire the people you care about to live healthier lives by encouraging them to do the little things that can make a big difference. Were Centura Health, and were here for your health. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.