Centura Health And Morton County Health System Establish Affiliation To Support Future Of Health Care Delivery
(ENGLEWOOD, COLO.) Centura Health, the regions health care leader, and Morton County Health System in Elkhart, Kan. have signed an affiliation agreement to develop leadership and shared resources to support health care delivery to residents in southwestern Kansas. The organizations are focused on keeping health care locally wherever possible, and will align services to support programs and expand clinical services.
Through the agreement, Morton County Health System will work closely with leadership from St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City, Kan. to strengthen the oversight of capital expenditures, group purchasing, supplies and other areas related to revenue and expenses. As the third affiliate in Kansas, its inclusion strengthens and expands Centura Healths Affiliate Hospital network in western Kansas, joining Goodland Regional Medical Center in Goodland and Logan County Hospital in Oakley.
Morton County Health System becomes the tenth independent affiliate to join the Centura Health network, along with Conejos County Hospital, in La Jara, Colo.; Goodland Regional Medical Center in Goodland, Kan.; Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center in Salida, Colo.; Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home in Hugo, Colo.; Logan County Hospital in Oakley, Kan.; Middle Park Medical Center in Kremmling and Granby, Colo.; Rio Grande Hospital in Del Norte, Colo.; San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa, Colo.; and St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville, Colo.
Improving Health Care Value:
- Both Morton County Health System and Centura Health believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible. Keeping health care local contributes to a communitys economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Both organizations strongly believe in collaborating long-term to promote sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management
- By sharing best practices across our integrated network, Centura Health and Morton County Health System elevate the level of care provided to meet the increasing need to offer convenient, integrated, high-value care when and where it is needed.
- We are committed to helping Morton County Health System as they transition to deliver the future of health care to the residents of Elkhart, said Russ Johnson, senior vice president, network development and outreach, Centura Health. We are working closely together to ensure residents have access to high-value care locally and to further support the local leadership as they prepare to take the hospital to the next level.
- Our relationship with Centura Health has already benefitted us through a significant reduction in excess of $200,000 for the cost of pharmacy equipment and medical supplies we need to care for our patients, said Joe Duerr, CEO, Morton County Health System. In addition, we see great opportunities and benefits from additional resources to help implement our strategic initiatives from technology to physician recruitment which provides greater value to the community we serve. We look forward to the collaboration and a bright future focused on quality patient care.
About Morton County Health System
The role and Mission of the Morton County Health System is to provide quality health care and promote lifestyles which will improve the health and well-being of the individuals in the communities we serve. Located in Elkhart, Kan., our small health care system is comprised of a hospital, 24-hour emergency room, clinics and long-term care facilities. Doctors specialize in surgery, internal medicine, general medicine, radiology and psychiatry. Equipment and services include: X-Ray, CAT Scan, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Respiratory Care, Physical Therapy, and a Laboratory. Morton County Health System is committed to delivering the future of health care through the provision of primary care services and tertiary alliances in a cost-effective manner to serve the individual needs of our community. For more information, please visit Morton County Health System website.
About Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 17,100 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 15 hospitals, six senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life Colorado, we are making the regions best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. We believe you can inspire the people you care about to live healthier lives by encouraging them to do the little things that can make a big difference. Were Centura Health, and were here for your health. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit Centura Health website.