CENTURA HEALTH AND SAN LUIS VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ESTABLISH AFFILIATION TO EXPAND CLINICAL SERVICES IN ALAMOSA
Partnership designed to enhance quality, safety and scope of services provided to residents living in the San Luis Valley
The affiliation will support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services including cardiology, stroke, spine and trauma. The partnership also promotes sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
FACTS AND STATS:
- With more than 70 percent of Colorado counties classified as rural or frontier, the challenge to extend quality, accessible, affordable health care beyond city boundaries is growing.
- Changes in reimbursement models, regulatory and compliance issues, electronic health management and clinical services have never been more challenging.
- Keeping health care local contributes to a communitys economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Both Centura Health and SLVRMC believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible and will partner through this affiliation agreement to provide specific resources and services.
- Centura Health is committed to building systems of care that connect our operating entities and health care partners via a seamless network of excellence, delivering health care when and where they are needed.
- By sharing best practices across our statewide network, we elevate the level of care we provide in every setting from preventative care to rehabilitation.
- Centura Health and San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center share a common vision and commitment to improving the delivery of health care for our patients and communities," said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. Through this partnership, we plan to take advantage of our organizations shared strengths and opportunities while enhancing the quality and scope of services available to residents across the region."
- Combining the talent and expertise that exists at SLVRMC with the clinical strengths of Centura Health has great potential," said Russ Johnson, chief executive officer of SLVRMC. It is important for small and rural hospitals to assess whether standing alone is in the best interests of our patients and we believe it is time for us to work together with an organization we can trust to enhance the scope of services we provide to the San Luis Valley today and into the future."
- We know there are health care services that are beyond the scope of what can be provided locally," said Jan Gay, chairman of the SLVRMC Board of Trustees. This relationship allows us to maintain our independence and self governance while enabling growth in key areas."
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health is Colorados largest hospital and health care network and we are charting the course for the future of health care. Approximately 13,000 of the health care industrys best and brightest deliver advanced care to more than half a million people each year, across 11 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, Flight For Life Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Our strength lies in our ability to offer a team of connected networks and shared resources to deliver accessible, reliable and cost-effective health care across the state. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center
Located in Alamosa, Colorado, the SLV Regional Medical Center (SLVRMC) is the largest and most comprehensive health care provider in the San Luis Valley, serving six rural counties with a population of more than 40,000. The hospital has 57 licensed beds, eight inpatient rehab beds, and three operating rooms. The 27 physicians and 16 allied health professionals at SLVRMC provide general and specialized care in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Occupational Medicine, General Surgery, Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Physical Medicine and Rehab, and Psychiatric Care. SLVRMC has advanced Imaging Services, a full service Laboratory, Cardio/Pulmonology Department, Infusion Therapy Clinic and a Diabetes Education Empowerment Program. The SLVRMC Emergency Department serves 13,000 patients per year with 24/7 physician coverage.