Centura Health Announces $128 Million Project to Expand Castle Rock Adventist Health Campus
Phase two construction to begin before phase one opening, includes 212,000-square-foot, full-service hospital
CASTLE ROCK ADVENTIST HEALTH CAMPUS EXPANSION
- Phase two will begin before the September 7, 2011 phase one opening and includes a 212,240-square-foot, four-story hospital with 50 licensed beds inclusive of intensive care, medical/surgical, obstetrics and neonatal intensive care, along with a full complement of hospital services including three operating rooms, two dedicated cesarean-section operating suites and a cardiac catheterization lab.
- The campus received the $128 million in financing from its sponsor, Adventist Health Systems.
- Additional growth on the hospital campus includes a 40,000-square-foot medical office building and extensive site development.
PHASE ONE OF CASTLE ROCK ADVENTIST HEALTH CAMPUS
- Phase one of the health campus will open on September 7, 2011and boasts a 23,000-square foot emergency department open 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and includes state-of-the-art medical imaging and laboratory services.
- Several grand opening events are being planned to celebrate, including a community open house with tours on Thursday, September 1, 2011 from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
CASTLE ROCK ADVENTIST HEALTH CAMPUS
- In partnership with the Castle Rock community, the Castle Rock Adventist Health Campus will bring advanced, specialized health care to the growing population of 42,000-plus in Castle Rock who must currently travel outside of their community to get medical care.
- Residents will now have direct access to programs and services in the Centura Health network, recognized nationally for its treatment of trauma, cardiac, cancer and stroke, along with the most extensive network of health care anywhere in Colorado.
The original plan was to expand our Castle Rock campus to include a full-service hospital in three to five years. But, the level of interest, excitement, and support for this project within the community has been so overwhelming we decided to immediately move forward with the hospital phase of the project," said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. This expanding investment in the health of the residents of Castle Rock reflects our commitment to connecting communities and health care providers to become trusted partners for life."
- Our mission is to nurture the health of the people in our community, and we are pleased to partner with the Castle Rock community to fulfill this mission. This new hospital will offer leading edge medical technologies while providing a healing environment for our patients." said Brain Moore, administrator, Castle Rock Adventist Health Campus. Many of our staff members live in Castle Rock and are looking forward to providing expert medical care to this growing and vibrant Colorado community." Moore continues.
INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST:
- Gary Campbell, president/CEO, Centura Health
- Brian Moore, administrator, Castle Rock Adventist Health Campus
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorados health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Healths integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it - close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.