Centura Health to Bring Health Neighborhood Model to Southeast Aurora
About Centura Health
Contacts: Wendi Dammann
Vice President, Corporate Communications
$20.5 million project at Southlands Mall will expand services to offer consumers comprehensive, coordinated care in a convenient, more efficient setting.
ENGLEWOOD, CO - (Jan. 21, 2013) Centura Health, Colorados leading health care network, today announced plans for a $20.5 million expansion to its current Southlands Shopping Mall location at E-470 and Smoky Hill Road. This next generation approach to health care delivery will offer a variety of services designed to deliver optimal health care value to southeast Aurora and nearby communities.
Its a concept Centura Health calls the health neighborhood, in which providers and services are clustered to promote care coordination with multiple access points, offering enhanced convenience, with both a service-friendly environment and affordable costs. The goal is to help consumers utilize the health care system more appropriately.
Funding for the $20.5 million project is made possible by Adventist Health System, co-sponsor of Centura Health. Groundbreaking is slated for fall of 2013 and is scheduled for completion in fall 2014. The expanded Centura Health at Southlands will include:
- A free standing emergency department with helipad
- Outpatient imaging and lab services
- Outpatient rehabilitation services
- Expanded physician presence providing family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics and OB/GYN care
- Care will be closely coordinated with Parker Adventist Hospital, which is located just 10 minutes away
WHAT IS A HEALTH NEIGHBORHOOD?
- Through an innovative approach to delivery that we call health neighborhoods, our goal is to provide a clinically-integrated, coordinated and comprehensive approach to caring for our communities. The health neighborhood is built around physician-led teams that use evidence-based medicine and best practices. The focus is on delivering high value care that offers outstanding outcomes, service and convenience while also controlling costs.
- Distinctly different from the fragmented medical care available in most communities today, Centura Health is built upon a model of collaboration and integration that seamlessly incorporates the key components of optimal health primary care, specialty services, urgent care, diagnostic services and occupational health, moving beyond the walls of our hospitals to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
- The health neighborhood approach combines all of the elements of Centura Healths fully-integrated network, including the states largest multi-specialty physician practice, acute care, home care and hospice to make accessing a wide array of health care services convenient.
- Centura Health recently announced 13 clinically integrated locations across Colorado that will pioneer the health systems new approach to health care delivery and bring greater value to consumers.
- Centura Health is creating the next generation of health care delivery that focuses beyond the walls of our hospitals, said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. Our innovative health neighborhoods approach is a total solution for consumers, providing optimal health care value while setting a new standard of care that Coloradans will come to expect.
- Expanding our presence at Southlands through the health neighborhood approach will allow us to provide southeast Aurora and nearby communities more convenient, more comprehensive care, said Morre Dean, chief executive officer, Parker Adventist Hospital. We want to make sure that we are meeting the individual health needs for this fast-growing area.
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorados health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Healths integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life Colorado, 13 health neighborhoods and home care and hospice services. Approximately 15,800 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with more than 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope; Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.