Centura Health Challenges Coloradans to Overcome Roadblocks to Better Heart Health
Program enlists participants in four-week online engagement, calling on individuals to take action to improve heart health by identifying, overcoming customized barriers
The program is supported by the Centura Heart Network, the largest and most comprehensive network of cardiovascular care in the state, providing fully integrated emergency heart care, state-of-the-art technology, education and prevention that expands the availability of world-class cardiovascular care to all corners of Colorado.The expertise of the states leading cardiologists, surgeons and cardiac specialists allow the Centura Heart Network to deliver exceptional care to more hearts than anyone else in Colorado.
ABOUT THE BETTERME BLUEPRINT HEALTHY HEART CHALLENGE:
- The BetterMe Blueprint Healthy Heart Challenge asks participants to identify barriers in achieving and maintaining good heart health.By signing up for the four-week program, participants will learn how to remove obstacles by receiving tips and techniques to support a healthier lifestyle.
- The program asks participants to choose one of five common roadblocks to maintaining a heart healthy lifestyle including time constraints, exercise, healthy eating, portion control and social support, allowing the participant to personalize the engagement based on their roadblock.
- People who register for The BetterMe Blueprint Healthy Heart Challenge on the Web landing page or appropriate tab on the Centura Health Facebook page will receive weekly emails that enable them to track their progress. Registration, which is available through March 26, is open to participants nationwide, as well as Coloradans.
- One participant from each of the four weekly check-ins will be chosen at random to win a prize, including free airline tickets and $500 Visa gift cards. Registered participants who compete all four weeks of the Challenge will be entered to win a Grand Prize of a weekend getaway for two to Vail, Colorado, valued at $2,000.Winners will be drawn at the end of the Challenge.
- We believe small steps can have a great impact," said Jeffrey Woods, director of Cardiovascular Services, Centura Health. Prevention and education are critical components of the Centura Heart Network, and by way of a two-way dialogue, were asking participants not only whats standing in their way but how to overcome obstacles, big and small, on the road to strong heart health. Centura Health is committed to nurturing the health of the communities we serve and is leading the way in providing consumers with the tips and tools to champion their own personal heart health."
- We are leveraging the power of social media to reach people in unique and engaging ways," said Wendi Dammann, vice president of Corporate Communications, Centura Health.The Healthy Heart Challenge targets consumers in their own environment where they may be more receptive to health care messages, moving beyond traditional means of communication to partner with Coloradans on improving overall health."
ABOUT THE CENTURA HEART NETWORK:
- As Colorados leader in cardiovascular care, the Centura Heart Network (CHN) cares for more hearts than any other provider in Colorado.Our statewide resources and expertise create the CHN, the largest and most comprehensive network of cardiovascular care in the state.
- Our commitment to caring for the communities we serve shows through our medical direction and EMS support to more than 130 pre-hospital agencies, including fire, ambulance and ski communities, to streamline the processes necessary for prompt delivery of emergency heart care. The network encompasses a full continuum of care that starts the moment the patient calls 911.
- Prevention and early education are essential components to the CHN.From advanced testing through Early Detection Programs, to online heart risk assessment tools, Centura Health is leveraging the strength of the network to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease for patients and their families.
- With all cardiac catheterization laboratories exceeding national standards for heart attack intervention, Centura Health is setting the standard for both the state and nation.
- Several Centura Health facilities consistently rank among top hospitals in the country for heart care. We are Colorados most awarded cardiovascular network demonstrating leadership and achieving superior patient outcomes.
Centura Health, Colorados health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Healths integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it - close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.