CENTURA HEALTH ENTERS INTO EXCLUSIVE NEGOTATIONS FOR THE PURCHASE AND SALE OF THE FORMER ST. ANTHONY CENTRAL HOSPITAL CAMPUS
Legacy of compassionate care to continue for Sloans Lake neighborhood with medical presence that incorporates the key elements of optimal health
FACTS AND STATS:
- The specific details of the purchase and sale of the St. Anthony Central Hospital Campus will continue to evolve now that both parties have entered into exclusive negotiations.
- St. Anthony Central Hospital closed its doors after 119 years on June 17, 2011 and moved to the new hospital on the St. Anthony Campus in Lakewood.
- Currently, primary care,cardiac rehab, outpatient rehab, specialty surgery practices and radiation therapy are still being provided by St. Anthony Hospital associates and physicians on the St. Anthony Central Campus. Some of these services will transition to the new St. Anthony Hospital Campus once the two medical office plazas open early next year.
- Centura Health and St. Anthony Hospital remain committed to the Sloans Lake neighborhood and have pledged to continue a medical presence on the campus that could seamlessly incorporate the key components of optimal health," said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. We are confident EFG Brownfield Partners has the experience necessary to handle a project of this size and are pleased that they are willing to engage the community and solicit feedback from neighborhood groups throughout the development process."
- We are excited about the residential and commercial mixed use development possibilities on this property," said EFG Brownfield Partners Executive Vice President, Doug Elenowitz."Centura Health and St. Anthony Hospital's pledge to maintain a strong medical presence on the campus will undoubtedly help spur the development."
- "The City of Denver looks forward to working with EFG Brownfield Partners to create a development on this property that positively impacts the Sloans Lake Neighborhood and the City of Denver as a whole," said Mayor Michael B. Hancock.
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorados health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Healths integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it - close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About EFG Brownfield Partners
EFG Brownfield Partners, is a principal developer of brownfield and urban infill redevelopment projects across the United States. Guided by strategies of socially responsible land use and development practices, EFG Brownfield Partners works in collaboration with local, state, and Federal government, community groups, and private developers to align stakeholder interests to create positive changes to communities. For more information please visit www.efg-bp.com.