CENTURA HEALTH ESTABLISHES AFFILIATION WITH KANSAS-BASED GOODLAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER TO EXPAND CLINICAL SERVICES
Agreement will enhance quality, safety and scope of services provided to residents living in northwest Kansas
GRMC becomes the fourth independent affiliate to unite with the Centura Health network, joining San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa, Colo., Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center in Salida, Colo., and Kremmling Memorial Hospital District in Kremmling, Colo..
Both Centura Health and GRMC believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible, and will partner through this independent affiliation agreement to provide specific resources and services that support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services including physician recruitment and specialty clinic support. The collaboration also promotes sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
FACTS AND STATS:
- Across the nation, the challenge to extend quality, accessible, affordable health care beyond city boundaries is growing.
- Changes in reimbursement models, regulatory and compliance issues, electronic health management and clinical services have never been more challenging.
- Keeping health care local contributes to a communitys economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Centura Health is committed to building systems of care that connect our operating entities and health care partners via a seamless network of excellence, delivering health care when and where they are needed.
- By sharing best practices across our integrated delivery network, we elevate the level of care we provide in every setting from preventative care to rehabilitation.
- Centura Health and Goodland Regional Medical Center share a common vision and commitment to improving the delivery of health care for our patients and communities," said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. Through this partnership, we plan to take advantage of our organizations shared strengths and opportunities while enhancing the quality and scope of services available to enhance the health status of residents across northwest Kansas."
- This agreement is a continuation of our long-standing relationship with Centura Health. Our facility has benefited for many years from working relationships with both St. Anthony and Porter Hospitals, two of the original facilities in the Centura Health system", said Jay Jolly, CEO of Goodland Regional Medical Center. The primary purpose of this affiliation is providing as much health care as possible locally and a coordinated care network for services that require more specialized resources. The Centura partnership will help us strengthen and expand local health services while remaining independent."
- Goodland Regional Medical Center has a tradition of innovation when it comes to providing access to health care services," Patty Eckhardt, Board President of Goodland Regional Medical Center, said. The cooperative agreement with Centura Health is another example of our commitment to strengthening and improving clinical services in Northwest Kansas. We are pleased to join a trusted partner in this effort and look forward to working with Centura as we face the challenges that lie ahead of us."
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorados health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Healths integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it - close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About Goodland Regional Medical Center
Goodland Regional Medical Center is a community owned 25 bed Critical Access Hospital in Northwest Kansas that also operates a provider based Family Health Center and a specialists clinic offering monthly to weekly visits from over 30 providers in 18 medical specialties. Its tradition of innovation and excellence includes being one of the first hospitals in the nation to establish a certified swing bed program and pioneering telemedicine services in Northwest Kansas with high definition I-TV clinics and patient support resources. Since its beginnings as a training hospital for nurses in the early 1920s through today, Goodland Regional Medical Center remains dedicated to its mission of providing Access to Quality Healthcare" in Northwest Kansas. To learn more about GRMC services and providers, please go to our website: www.goodlandregional.com.