Centura Health Expanding to Bring Ambulatory Health Centers to North Denver Neighborhoods
Consumers in the north metro Denver area will have access to coordinated, affordable care that is integrated into the regions leading health care provider
ENGLEWOOD, COLO. - (March 11, 2014) - Centura Health, the regions health care leader, today announced plans for three new ambulatory health centers in north metro Denver. Centura Health will build new 10,800-square-foot ambulatory centers in Dacono, Colo. and Thornton, Colo. and renovate an existing building in Westminster, Colo. to a 46,000-square-foot center. The new ambulatory health centers, opening in fall 2014, will seamlessly incorporate the key components of optimal health primary care, specialty services, diagnostic imaging and wellness services to provide consumers with convenient, integrated, high-value care.
The centers will co-locate providers and services to promote care coordination with multiple access points, offering the community enhanced convenience to health care in a service-friendly environment, for an affordable cost. The goal is to help consumers utilize the health care system more appropriately and manage their health from a wellness perspective.
Integrated into Centura Healths health neighborhood approach, the ambulatory health sites advance health delivery by moving past the bricks and mortar model of traditional, reactive health care, to meet the population health needs of communities and shift the focus from reactive to proactive care, bringing greater value to consumers in Colorado and western Kansas. This physician-led, team-medicine approach focuses on promoting quality, proactive care by utilizing evidence-based medicine and best practices to offer consumers the Total Health Solution.
Funding for the three projects is made possible by Centura Healths co-sponsors. The Dacono and Thornton locations, $7 million each, are funded by Catholic Health Initiatives, and funding for the $15.6 million Westminster center is made possible by Adventist Health System. Construction on these projects begins this month and the centers are located at I-25 and County Road 8 (Summit Boulevard) in Dacono, 128th and Colorado Boulevard in Thornton and Highway 36 and Church Ranch Boulevard in Westminster. Each ambulatory health center will include:
- Welcoming atmosphere with a wellness atrium
- Unique no-wait concept for consumer convenience
- Physicians and mid-level providers for primary care, obstetrics and gynecology and a number of rotating specialists based on needs of the community
- Outpatient imaging services (3D Mammography at the Westminster center only)
- Health and wellness services delivered to the consumers room, such as nutrition counseling and wellness strategies
DELIVERING OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE VALUE FOR COLORADANS:
- Centura Health defines value as the combination of outcome effectiveness, service, convenience and cost. The goal is for health care to be readily available and accessible, with outstanding and long-lasting clinical outcomes, provided in an environment of service excellence, at a reasonable cost.
- Centura Health is creating systems of care, establishing physician practices, developing health neighborhoods, and affiliating with rural hospitals to create multiple access points and convenience for health care consumers.
- Centura Health is working to provide a multitude of service offerings in a widespread, consistent, electronically-connected manner. We believe our compassionate, fully-integrated network will enhance the level of communication, comfort, privacy and confidence our patients experience.
WHAT IS A HEALTH NEIGHBORHOOD?
- Through an innovative approach to delivery that Centura Health calls health neighborhoods, our goal is to provide a clinically-integrated, coordinated and comprehensive approach to caring for our communities. The health neighborhood is built around physician-led teams that use evidence-based medicine and best practices. The focus is on delivering high-value care that offers outstanding outcomes, service and convenience while also controlling costs.
- Distinctly different from the fragmented medical care available in most communities today, Centura Health is built upon a model of collaboration and integration that seamlessly incorporates the key components of optimal health primary care, specialty services, urgent care, diagnostic services and occupational health, moving beyond the walls of our hospitals to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
- The health neighborhood approach combines all of the elements of Centura Healths fully-integrated network, including the states largest multi-specialty physician practice, acute care, home care and hospice to make accessing a wide array of health care services convenient.
- Through the health neighborhood approach, we will provide these north Denver communities with more convenient, more comprehensive care, while setting a new standard of care that Coloradans will come to expect, said Jeff Brickman, president, Centura Healths Mountains and North Denver Operating Group. Expanding our presence into these communities will ensure we are meeting the individual health needs of these fast-growing areas and providing consumers with the Total Health Solution, delivering optimal health care value.
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 17,100 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 15 hospitals, six senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life Colorado, we are making the regions best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. We believe you can inspire the people you care about to live healthier lives by encouraging them to do the little things that can make a big difference. Were Centura Health, and were here for your health. For information about Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.