Great Ways to Donate During the COVID-19 Pandemic
(ENGLEWOOD, COLO.) As our communities pull together in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, Centura Health is incredibly grateful for the influx of donated supplies. To help manage these donations as effectively as possible and limit potential for exposure to both donors and our caregivers, we are working on setting up drop bins for personal protective equipment (PPE) donations and also sharing some creative ways your efforts can make a true difference for our frontline caregivers!
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Centura Health is standing up designated locations and drop-off boxes for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which will be available beginning Wednesday, March 25 outside the front entrance of each location.
The following locations are available to accept PPE only between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- 9100 Mineral Circle, Englewood, CO (Centura Health Corporate Office)
- Penrose Hospital – 2222 N. Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO
- Avista Adventist Hospital – 100 Health Park Drive, Louisville, CO
- Longmont United Hospital - 1950 Mountain View Ave, Longmont, CO
- Mercy Regional Medical Center – 1010 Three Springs Boulevard, Durango, CO
- St. Anthony Summit Medical Center – 340 Peak One Drive, Frisco, CO
- St. Catherine Hospital – 401 E Spruce Street, Garden City, KS
We are currently able to accept only the following items:
- Boxed masks and N95s (single or used masks cannot be accepted)
- Gloves that are still in manufacturer packaging
- Packaged gowns or rain ponchos with sleeves
- Face shields (must include eye protection and be labeled as surgical, isolation, dental, or medical procedure face shields)
Homemade masks We are so amazed by the talented and giving members of our community offering to make homemade masks. As of today, per CDC guidelines, homemade masks are not considered PPE and should be only considered as a last resort. Therefore, Centura is not currently accepting these as donations, but would like to still hear from you. Please email us at CovidDonations@centura.org so we can provide you a pattern and material specifications in the event our current policy changes and we begin to accept homemade masks.
Ways People Can Help: Needed items
As people continue to seek ways to help, whether for a specific Centura hospital or the system, please email CovidDonations@centura.org and consider the following much-needed items:
- Sign up to donate blood at a local donation center, as local blood centers anticipate up to a 35% decline in the coming weeks due to social distancing.
- Deliver catered food for on-duty caregivers (homemade food cannot be accepted).
- Assemble care packages for our caregivers who are working long hours and may not have time or resources to obtain essential items for personal use, including items such as:
- Shelf-stable food staples
- Toilet paper and other paper goods
- Home cleaning supplies
- Direct financial donations to our Foundations.
- Check on an at-risk neighbor:
- Exchange phone numbers
- Stick to a daily check-in call
- Run an urgent errand if needed
We are incredibly grateful for this outpouring of generosity from our communities in support of our patients and caregivers as you continue delivering the highest quality care during this time of great need.
ABOUT CENTURA HEALTH
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 21,000 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, neighborhood health centers, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life® Colorado, our caregivers make the region’s best health care accessible. We’re on a mission to build flourishing communities and whole person care. We’re Centura Health, and we’re your dedicated health partner for life. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit the Centura Health website.
Centura Health does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, religion, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, and marital status in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment. For further information about this policy contact Centura Health’s Office of the General Counsel at 1-303-673-8166 (TTY: 711). Copyright © Centura Health, 2017. ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-719-776-5370 (TTY: 711). CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-719-776-5370 (TTY: 711).