Middle Park Medical Center and Centura Health Enter Into Management Agreement
Strategic partnership aims to strengthen operational stability of MPMC, improve access to clinical resources and services to optimize health care value
KREMMLING, COLO. (May 8, 2014) Middle Park Medical Center (MPMC) and Centura Health, the regions health care leader, announced today that they have entered into a management agreement, effective June 1, 2014. The management agreement leverages the strengths of both organizations to provide residents of Grand, Jackson and northern Summit Counties with improved access to clinical and operational services, education and resources to meet the increasing need to provide convenient, integrated, high-value care, while keeping health care local.
Under the management agreement, the Kremmling Memorial Hospital District Board of Directors will retain its governance and authority over MPMC while Centura Health will provide the management and leadership expertise under the direction of a Centura Health employed chief executive officer. The Kremmling Memorial Hospital District Board of Directors will maintain control and ultimate authority over the hospital, including fiduciary responsibility.
MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT SPECIFICS:
- The Kremmling Memorial Hospital District Board of Directors will continue to fulfill its ongoing role to provide the strategic direction of the hospital.
- Centura Health will provide management and leadership expertise under the direction of a Centura Health employed chief executive officer appointed by Centura Health and approved by the Kremmling Memorial Hospital District Board of Directors.
- The chief executive officer will run the hospital operations on a day-to-day basis beginning June 1 and work with MPMC on an ongoing basis to identify areas where additional clinical and operational services, education and resources are needed.
- MPMC staff will have significant support and access to colleagues and partners throughout Centura Health with whom they can discuss challenges, explore best practices and obtain feedback to help determine high-value health care solutions for the Grand, Jackson and northern Summit County communities.
IMPROVING HEALTH CARE VALUE:
- Both Middle Park Medical Center and Centura Health believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible. Keeping health care local contributes to a communitys economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Both organizations strongly believe in collaborating long-term to provide specific resources and services that support development of shared programs that complement and help expand existing clinical services and specialties to improve the value of health services delivered.
- The affiliation agreement between Centura Health and Kremmling Memorial Hospital District has supported development of shared programs that expand existing clinical services including cardiac, stroke, spine, oncology and trauma at both the new Middle Park Medical Center in Granby and Middle Park Medical Center in Kremmling. The affiliation has also promoted sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
- Centura Health has a long history of providing high-value care in Grand County, said Russ Johnson, senior vice president, network development and outreach, Centura Health. This management agreement provides further integration with Middle Park Medical Center and helps support rural providers with access to additional resources and services in todays challenging health care environment.
- By strategically partnering with Centura Health, we are able to bring our community the resources it needs to deliver optimal health care value, said Bernie Murphy, Kremmling Memorial Hospital District board president. The management agreement will strengthen MPMCs system of care and the Centura Health network to ensure we keep care local for generations to come.
- Were creating the foundation for success by leveraging the strengths of Centura Health with our commitment to high-value local health care, said Cole White, chief executive officer of Middle Park Medical Center. This partnership gives our community the access to resources and expertise from the regions leading health network to build financial stability, strengthen our care delivery model and strategically plan for our future.
# # #
About Middle Park Medical Center
Middle Park Medical Center (MPMC) is a 25-bed critical access hospital system in Colorado serving patients in Grand, Jackson and northern Summit Counties since 1933. Both hospitals in Kremmling and Granby are designated as Level IV Trauma Centers. MPMC also operates three family practice clinics in Kremmling, Granby and Walden. MPMC is committed to Keeping LIFE Grand and providing the highest quality community care. For more information on MPMCs health care services, visit www.mpmc.org.
About Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 17,100 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 15 hospitals, six senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life Colorado, we are making the regions best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. We believe you can inspire the people you care about to live healthier lives by encouraging them to do the little things that can make a big difference. Were Centura Health, and were here for your health. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
Middle Park Medical Center
Director of marketing and public relations
Manager, strategic communications