Porter Adventist Hospital Receives Heart Failure Accreditation
To receive this prestigious honor, Porter Hospital had to demonstrate its expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria set forth by SCPC accreditation review specialists. Key areas in which a facility with Heart Failure Accreditation must demonstrate include:
- Emergency Department Integration with Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Assessment of Patients with Symptoms of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure-Diagnosis
- Risk Stratification of the Heart Failure Patient
- Treatment for Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department in Heart Failure
- Heart Failure Discharge Criteria from the Emergency Department, Observation Stay or Inpatient Stay
- Heart Failure Patient Education in the Emergency Department, Observation and Inpatient Unit
- Personnel, Competencies and Training
- Process Improvement
- Organizational Structure and Commitment
- Heart Failure Community Outreach
With this accreditation, Porter Hospital is now nationally recognized for its protocol-driven and systematic approach to patient management that allow physicians to reduce time to treatment and accelerate patient recovery.
About Porter Adventist Hospital
Porter Adventist Hospital is a full service, Nursing Magnet designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center for complex medicine and surgery patients. Porter specializes in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation. Porter is sponsored by Adventist Health System and is part of Centura Health, Colorados largest hospital and health care network. The network includes the Centura Health Trauma System, Centura Heart Network, and Centura Health Cancer Network. For more information on Porter Adventist Hospital, visit porterhospital.org or follow the hospital via Twitter @PorterHospital and facebook.com/PorterAdventistHospital.
About the Society of Chest Pain Centers
The Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) is an international not-for-profit organization that focuses on transforming cardiovascular care by assisting facilities in their effort to create communities of excellence that bring together quality, cost and patient satisfaction. As the only cross-specialty organization, SCPC provides the support needed for individual hospitals and hospital systems to effectively bridge existing gaps in treatment by providing the tools, education and support necessary to successfully navigate the changing face of healthcare. For more information on SCPC, accreditation and certification, visit www.scpcp.org.