What can the CHRC do for You?
CHRC is dedicated to providing the best services, with the ultimate goal of improving the care and outcomes of patients. We are available to assist in the small, focused studies or coordinating large, multi-facility trials within the Centura Health system.
- Prepare and negotiate study budget and contract with study sponsor
- Document preparation and submission for the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Site preparation including coordination and education of ancillary department and nursing staff
- Patient recruitment, screening, enrollment and management of data, protocols and ongoing study visits
What are the Physician Responsibilities?
The role as the Principal Investigator in a research study should not be taken lightly.
According to the Code of Federal Regulations the Clinical Site Investigator is the individual who actually conducts a clinical investigation, (i.e., under whose immediate direction the drug is administered or dispensed to a subject). In the event an investigation is conducted by a team of individuals, the Principal Investigator is the responsible leader of the team.
A more complete list of responsibilities is available at the CHRC:
- Be available to sign all required documents in a timely manner
- Attend the IRB meeting to present the new study