styles (do not delete please)
St. Anthony North Family Medicine Clinic Notifies Patients
The Family Medicine Residency Program at St. Anthony North Family Medicine Clinic was recently notified by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of an investigation involving a former resident (Justin Neisler, MD) for allegations related to transportation of child pornography. Law enforcement has since arrested this individual. Upon being notified, we immediately terminated him from our medical staff and he no longer works for our organization. He was only employed with our organization from July 10, 2018-March 11, 2019.
We understand he was arrested and will remain in custody while awaiting further proceedings. Due to the stage of the FBI’s ongoing criminal investigation we have been provided very limited information to date.
We are deeply disturbed and saddened that a member of the community could be responsible for actions that are in stark contrast to our mission and core values. There is simply no place for any behavior that exploits children, or for any individual that circumvents the systems and processes we have in place to ensure their safety. We are working closely with the FBI by providing as much information and assistance as we possibly can to aid in its investigation.
In addition, we have engaged a third-party to conduct a thorough review of the systems and processes in all our graduate medical education programs, including our residency programs.
FAQ's for Patients and Employees
- How will I know if I, or my child, had contact with this former resident?
- We began contacting individuals who may have had contact with this former family medicine resident at our facilities via telephone on March 26, 2019. Nearly all patients who may have had contact with this provider at our facilities were contacted by us within the first 24 hours by phone. These individuals will also receive a letter in the mail. If you have not received a phone call by the end of the day, March 27, 2019, but believe you or a family member had contact with this former resident please call 1-855-571-5862.
Please note this former resident was only employed with our organization from July 10, 2018 through March 11, 2019.
- Which Centura locations did Dr. Neisler work for? What types of patients did he treat?
- He saw patients at the St. Anthony North Family Medicine clinic at both the 84th Avenue Neighborhood Health Center and St. Anthony North Health Campus locations. In addition, he may have rotated at other locations on an infrequent basis. As is customary with family medicine residencies, he treated both adults and children.
- What are you doing to support patients who were treated by Dr. Neisler?
- The safety and well-being of our patients is our highest priority. We know that this news is unexpected and that it may cause distress. We are offering counseling services and/or therapeutic support services at no cost to those individuals who had contact with him.
- What actions is St. Anthony North Health Campus taking?
- We have taken a number of immediate actions since being notified:
1. Contacting Patients: We have contacted nearly all patients who may have had contact with this individual and will be sending them a letter in the mail with information and resources available to them.
2. Patient Support: We are offering counseling services and/or therapeutic support services at no cost to those individuals or their family members who may have had contact with the former resident.
3. Public Support Line: We have established a special call center 1-855-571-5862 to answer questions from our community and the general public.
4. Associate Support: We have been sharing information with our associates and offering them counseling services through our employee assistance program.
5. Supporting Law Enforcement: We continue to work closely with the FBI to provide as much information and assistance as we possibly can to aid in its investigation.
6. Third Party Review: We have engaged a third-party to conduct a thorough review of the systems and processes in all our graduate medical education programs, including our residency programs.
7. Website: We’ve established this website to share information and updates.
- When did you first learn about this event?
- In mid-March, we were notified by federal authorities and due to the stage of the ongoing criminal investigation we were provided very limited information. As soon as we were permitted by law enforcement, we immediately started calling patients.
- How are you working with law enforcement?
- We continue to work closely with the FBI to provide as much information and assistance as we possibly can to aid in its investigation.
- Who can I contact regarding the investigation being conducted by law enforcement?
- If you have questions specifically about the investigation or have information that may be important to the investigation, you are encouraged to contact the FBI’s Denver office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The media reported the doctor admitted to secretly filming nude boys during medical exams. Was my child filmed?
- We find this information very disturbing and apart from what has been described in the court documents, we do not have any information about patients being filmed in our facilities. We understand that the FBI is attempting to identify who may have been filmed and, if possible, where they may have been filmed. We also understand that the FBI will notify any victims that it is able to identify. If you have questions specifically about the investigation or have information that may be important to the investigation, you are encouraged to contact the FBI’s Denver office at email@example.com.