2021 Grant Guidelines and Application
We extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
The Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund, a gift to St. Thomas More Foundation, supports Fremont County community health projects, with the provision that monies may not be used to support capital projects. There is not a maximum dollar amount you may request as grants will be awarded based on the impact they will have on improving the health of our community.
Applications must be emailed or postmarked no later than December 31, 2020.
Send Grant Proposals to:
St. Thomas More Health Foundation
Attn: Debby Fowler
1338 Phay Ave.
Canon City, CO 81212
Grant Evaluation Timeline
- Committee Review - January 2021
- Board Review - January 2021
- Written Notification and Grant Awards - February 2021
For questions, contact Debby Fowler, Stewardship Coordinator.
Grant Application and Guidelines
The St. Thomas More Health Foundation’s Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund grant application consists of the following components.
- Applicant Organization summary (form attached - must be cover page of grant request)
- Narrative: (12-point font with 1-inch margins, preferred not to exceed three pages. Include the HEADING provided for each question and submit in the order listed. It is not necessary to repeat the text of the question.)
- An evaluation tool that will give you a better understanding of how St. Thomas More Health Foundation evaluates applications.
Funds not expended for the proposed projects are to be reported to St. Thomas More Health Foundation. These funds must be returned unless a written request for an alternate plan is submitted and approved by St. Thomas More.
Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund Grant Recipient Report
The purpose of the Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund Recipient Report is to gather information about how your organization has used the Yankton Benedictine Sisters Grant. Complete and submit the report by December 31, 2020.
Yankton Benedictine Sisters Fund
The legacy of St. Thomas More Hospital, that started more than 82 years ago by the Benedictine Sisters of Yankton, South Dakota, continues today. When the Sisters were called back to South Dakota after their service in Canon City, they left a community outreach endowment with the St. Thomas More Health Foundation. It was their vision to continue serving our community long after they returned home to resume their service at Sacred Heart Monastery. The endowment funds are specifically designated to improve the health and wellness of our community. Non-profit Organizations in Fremont County are encouraged to apply for program or equipment funding.