Colorado Accountable Care
Centura Health is redefining the way we deliver care.
We are pleased to announce that Centura Health has formed Colorado Accountable Care in order to participate in Medicare's Accountable Care Organization (ACO) program.
In partnership with Medicare we will improve the health of our Medicare Fee-for-Service patients, increase patient satisfaction, and lower health care costs for Medicare Fee-for-Service patients by proactively coordinating patient and family-centered care and by making improvements to achieve healthier communities.
What's An Accountable Care Organization (ACO)?
- Colorado Accountable Care consists of physicians and other health care providers who work together with Medicare to give you high quality service and care at the right time in the right setting.
- Physicians participate in Colorado Accountable Care to work closely with other physicians and health care providers to coordinate care for Medicare Fee-for-Service beneficiaries, like yourself, who have traditional Medicare.
What happens to my Medicare Benefits?
- Your Medicare benefits stay the same.
- If you have traditional Medicare, you continue to have the right to use any physician, hospital, or other provider who accepts Medicare, at any time.
- Importantly, we are not an HMO. You do not need a referral from your primary care physician before being seen by a specialist or other Medicare provider.
- We may continue to recommend that you see particular physicians or other providers for your specific health needs, but it’s always your choice about what physicians or other providers you use or hospitals you visit.
How will Colorado Accountable Care benefit me?
Colorado Accountable Care benefits Medicare Fee-for-Service patients regardless of their health care needs. Patients with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, will find value through improved health coordination and personalized treatment plans. Healthy patients will notice an increased emphasis on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and recommendations for appropriate screenings and regular preventive care. As a result, Medicare Fee-for-Service patients can expect to reduce their risk for serious health complications and will enjoy improved health.