Centura Health Nurse Residency Program
Our Nurse Residency Program offers Vizient’s nationally-recognized curriculum developed by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). This evidence-based curriculum, delivered by leaders and mentors who care about your success, will help you become the nursing professional you’ve always envisioned.
Upcoming Nurse Residency Program Details
All applicants must be graduate of a CCNE or ACEN-accredited nursing program in the last 12 months with no previous acute care RN experience
Summer 2019 Cohort
- Application window: April 8-29, 2019
- Interviews: May 2019
- Offers extended by: June 28, 2019
- Program begins: August 5, 2019
Fall 2019 Cohort
- Application window: July 8-29, 2019
- Interviews: August 2019
- Offers extended by: September 20, 2019
- Program begins: October 21, 2019
Carefully review each area below to understand our detailed application and selection process:
External Applicants: View open nurse residency positions If you have filed an application with us after Aug. 4, 2018, log into your existing job seeker profile by selecting the "Log back in" link at the top right.
Internal Applicants: Please log in to the Centura Health Associate Portal to search Nurse Residency Program and follow the application instructions. If you have filed an application with us after Aug. 4, 2018, you will need to follow the below steps to upload your Nurse Residency Application Packet by clicking on “Profile, Resume and Other Documents”.
All Applicants are required to provide a Nurse Residency Application Packet. This is to be uploaded on your candidate profile, under “Additional Supporting Documents”, then select “Nurse Residency Application Packet”. This one single document must be in the order described below and must be comprised of the following items:
- Complete and accurate resume comprised of:
- Graduation/anticipated graduation date
- NCLEX results or testing date
- Hospital and unit name of Senior Practicum and all clinicals
- Cover letter stating why you want to join our program.
- Letter of recommendation. While there is no required format, we suggest this letter serve as a reference and ideally will be written by an instructor, manager, supervisor, peer, fellow students, physician or other credible reference who can attest to your character and passion for the nursing profession).
- Unofficial nursing school transcripts.
- Complete and accurate resume comprised of:
Selection & Offer Process
- The Talent Acquisition team will contact selected applicants to complete a Skill Survey reference check via e-mail prior to an interview
- Applicants chosen for interviews will be notified after the close of the application window
- Top applicants selected for in person interviews will be contacted via e-mail to schedule an onsite interview
- Candidates are required to attend an in-person interview with the hiring team at their own expense
Candidates will be notified if they are selected to receive an offer via phone by the Talent Acquisition team. Offers will be contingent upon the following:
- Completed reference check and attendance of an in person interview
- Active BLS through the American Heart Association
- Successful completion of pre-employment process including
- Pre-employment health screening
- Background check
- A drug screening
- Applicants will need a RN license for the state they plan to work/reside in, verifiable by Feb. 25, 2019. (e.g. a CO RN or eNLC compact licensure for CO or active KS RN license for those applying to the KS location)
Frequently Asked Questions
If I graduated more than 12 months ago or worked as an RN for more than 12 months, am I still eligible for this program? The admission criteria specifies that applicants need to have graduated within the last 12 months and possess no previous acute care RN experience. Centura Health will consider applicants who previously worked as an LPN.
Can I submit my application prior to taking the NCLEX? Yes, it is not required to have passed the NCLEX at time of application. However, it is required that all applicants selected must have a valid CO (other compact state) license number on Monday before day 1 of the cohort start date.
I obtained a ADN from an accredited program, am I still eligible for Residency? Applicants who possess an ADN may still apply for the program. It is strongly encouraged that applicants possess a BSN or higher or be enrolled in a ADN to BSN program. Some Centura Health hospitals may require a BSN (or willingness to obtain) as a condition of employment.
How do I determine if my nursing program was accredited? Centura Health requires all nurses to graduate from an accredited program through CCNE or ACEN. You can verify your program has the proper accreditation by the CCNE or ACEN by visiting their websites below:
I applied for a previous Centura Health Nurse Residency or Fellowship program, do I need to re-submit my application? You will need to submit a completed application for each cohort that you are interested in. If you completed the Skill Survey reference check within the last 6 months, you will not need to redo your references. If you completed Skill Survey references more than 6 months ago, you will be asked to re-do your reference check.
How can I confirm my application was received? You will receive an automated e-mail confirming that your application has been submitted. Be sure to upload the completed Nurse Residency Application Packet as an attachment to your application.
I missed the application window, can I submit my application via e-mail? Unfortunately, the application window cannot be extended and must be submitted through Centura Health’s online applicant system (centura.org/careers). We recommend allowing ample time to complete your application and applying early once the application period begins.
What should I expect once my application has been submitted? The Talent Acquisition team will review all applications for completeness. Next, you can expect to receive an e-mail requesting your reference check information. Those selected for interviews will be contacted by a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
I have been selected for an interview but currently reside out of state, am I able to complete the interview virtually? Our process requires that those selected for interview attend in-person so we can get to know one another. While candidates are expected to pay for interview expenses, we can provide a list of lodging options that offer a Centura Health discount.
What if I have other questions?
- We also have a special email address for your questions: NurseRecruitment@Centura.org.
- Out of respect for patient privacy and care, we ask that local and associate applicants not approach hiring managers to inquire about the program in patient care areas.
Powered by faith and guided by core values, Centura Health has been moving health forward for more than 136 years.
With three Magnet-designated hospitals (and more on the journey), we stand for quality, excellence and are committed to developing and advancing talent across our 17-hospital system with locations in Colorado and western Kansas.