A completed application includes:
- Your application
- A personal statement defining your interest in family medicine
- A Certificate of Insurance from your school providing proof of malpractice insurance coverage
- A letter from your Dean's office verifying good standing in medical school.
Student rotations are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, your interest in family medicine and strength of application.
Prior to a clerkship being approved, there must be a signed Educational Agreement between your medical school and St. Anthony North Hospital.
4th year medical student clerkships
St. Anthony Family Medicine Residency offers clerkships for fourth year medical students from U.S. schools. These rotations can be from one week to two months long (with any combination of inpatient, outpatient and OB) to enable medical students to work with our faculty and residents.
Formal and informal teaching is provided to students in the same setting as that of our residents. Morning sign out, daily noon conference, hospital-sponsored grand rounds and residency conferences on a variety of topics are offered regularly. Students are encouraged to attend these conferences.
Descriptions of rotations
These rotations provide an opportunity to get to know our program, our residents and faculty, which is helpful for students interested in applying to our Program.
- Family Medicine Sub-Internship: 4 weeks: 2 weeks on the family medicine inpatient service at St. Anthony North Hospital; 1 week on the family medicine OB service at St. Anthony North Hospital and 1 week in the family medicine outpatient clinic.
- Family Medicine Rotation - Variable: 1 to 4 weeks; inpatient medicine, OB, and/or outpatient clinic, depending on interest and availability
Should an evaluation be required by the medical school, it should be submitted to Lupe Ambriz.
If you are unable to schedule a rotation with us, but would like to spend a day or two to learn more about our program, we welcome your visit!
St. Anthony Family Medicine Residency
8510 Bryan Street
Westminster, CO 80031
- Phone: 303-430-6000